Pics of my New IRS Mods

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Looks great! I want to do the whole bushing upgrade on my car someday but it just seems really daunting.

greengt88

Established Member
you gonna paint or pc that cover too?/. i'm gonna paint mine. probably engine enamel would work fine. Will painting it inhibit cooling??

101blur

Established Member
Holy shit bad ass bro.. i need to get on your level, so you are doing the complete Mm bushing kit..?
were you go for the powder coating.?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Looks great! I want to do the whole bushing upgrade on my car someday but it just seems really daunting.

Thanks!

As for the install, it's really not that bad. The pictures on FTBR's website, install tips, and tools all help A LOT. Removing the stock bushings can be physically tiring for some, but I was fine. Fatigue will set in after a while but you just gotta keep going like the energizer bunny. From what I've read on here, I was expecting much worse.

Don't get me wrong, there were some frustrating parts and bushings that were stubborn to remove. But more than anything, the install is just time consuming, IMHO.

you gonna paint or pc that cover too?/. i'm gonna paint mine. probably engine enamel would work fine. Will painting it inhibit cooling??

I thought about painting it, but I'm not. I just don't see a need or have a desire to. Plus, the looks of it have grown on me since I got it in.

If you paint it black I'm sure it will retain heat more, but not enough to where I would worry. The diff gets hot as hell already, and painting it black surely wouldn't help it. But If you want to paint it (black), I wouldn't let that stop you.

Might have to get those bolts myself

If you do decide to get them, I got them from Summit for 11 or 12.88 for the pack of 5. You'll obviously need two packs. The part number is right there on the picture (612-1250). They are 5/16 thread with a 1.250 under head length.

Damn brandon you aren't wasting any money on this lol!! It looks awesome though!

Lol. Thanks bro. :thumbsup:

It'd be less expensive if I did it the right way (the only way) the first time and not have to worry about it or change something in the long run. But I haven't spent too much - the only part out of budget was the powder coating. I spent about $100 more than I wanted to.

Holy shit bad ass bro.. i need to get on your level, so you are doing the complete Mm bushing kit..?
were you go for the powder coating.?

LMAO. Thanks bro. This is the Full Tilt Boogie Racing Kit.

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/index.htm

I got the powder coating done at http://www.e-techpowdercoating.com/

Damn looks clean as hell B! congrats man , cant wait to see it in person

Thanks bro :coolman:

greengt88

Established Member
Alright so I'm aggravated now. Ordered lpw girdle last week from a place on ebay. Said they had 5 in stock, got an email from the guy and he says they won,t have them from lpw til the 31st-today. And then this morning he tells me it'll be another 2weeks atleast til they get them in. WTF?! So now I have it all tornapart to do the bushing kit. Guess I have to wait, sux cause the diff is leaking and I hate to do all that and not be able to fix my leak and install girdle at the same time. I suppose I could get a brace but......the saga continues. Anybody know where to find another lpw I,ll next day air it if I need to

Users who are viewing this thread