Pics of my new ride

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
No it's not a Mustang but a car i've always liked... Porsche 944 Turbo... gonna be pretty much a weekend/nice day car.. i've got a good daily driver luckily... anyhow it's in immaculate condition for being an 87 model.. has been well taken care of and absolutely a blast to drive... really a quick little car for what it is... i attached some pics for you guys to check out... I'll always be a stang lover and plan to own another again down the road... just wanted to experience some other rides for a change... thanks for looking !

944-2.jpg

944-3.jpg

944-5.jpg

944-7.jpg

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
definitely fun cars..i has a 944S2 back in the day...really fun on backroads...

I thjink these the first fun cars to drift....

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Well.. i tell ya one thing... this car handles great... very tight feeling... doesn't rattle or anything... sure doesn't drive like a car being 20yrs old... thing only weighs like 2800 lbs i think... it's got about 250hp at the moment... i think with a few more bolt on's and such i can get it to around 300hp... once that turbo kicks in it really pulls... i'm use to supercharged cars so it's a different feeling.

Last edited:

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Looks sweet!!! VERY clean!! :)

What mods have you thought about? I know software combined with a little waste gate spacer thing is good for around 70rwhp.... Let me know if you have any questions :)

-Aaron

Antagon

Established Member
Awesome looking car, so clean!

But what the hell??? No pics of the engine? its a turbo car!

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Thanks for all the props guys ! It is a very clean car and i feel very fortunate to have found one a Porsche enthusiast owned and has maintained so well.. i have a folder of all maintenance records and such that he gave me with the car... so important with these cars to have that kind of info from my understanding.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
Looks sweet!!! VERY clean!! :)

What mods have you thought about? I know software combined with a little waste gate spacer thing is good for around 70rwhp.... Let me know if you have any questions :)

-Aaron

Well.. it does have a chip and a K&N Filter (non conical)... the previous owner did mention the waste gate thing and also going with an aftermarket exhaust... those along with maybe the conical K&N would be my immediate interests to get more HP .. I'm trying to do some homework on what i can do to it... not as familiar with the in's and out's on it just yet.. of course way way down the road if i got a real itch to increase the HP i know i could go with a bigger turbo.. i don't have any plans to do that now but wouldn't rule it out as a long term goal... but yeah if you know of some things off the top i'd welcome and appreciate all insight and advice... thanks !

Antagon said:
Awesome looking car, so clean!

But what the hell??? No pics of the engine? its a turbo car!

:) Oops... you're right... here ya go !

engine-2.jpg

engine-1.jpg

mrose75

Established Member
I used to idolize those things growing up in Germany. Nice. Maybe one day for me, too. Love the sig. My 2 favorite cartoons growing up!!!:rockon:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
03-SilverSnake,

Just curious, how many miles on that beauty of yours... ? ;-)

It has right around 95k miles on it man... Thanks for the props !

YGOSLO said:
I used to idolize those things growing up in Germany. Nice. Maybe one day for me, too. Love the sig. My 2 favorite cartoons growing up!!!:rockon:

Me too ! i've always liked the 944... finally got one although many years later !! :-D I would've given anything to have a car like that when i was 16 :coolman: Yeah Transformers and G.I. Joe rock man... no cartoons today are as cool as the 80's cartoons !

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Does it have a $6,000 custom exhaust? :poke:

J/K man! Those cars are really cool. And yours is crazy clean. Looks great!

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Gringo185 said:
Does it have a $6,000 custom exhaust? :poke:

J/K man! Those cars are really cool. And yours is crazy clean. Looks great!

:) ha ha... stock exhaust for now... i'd like to upgrade that down the road with something good for performance.. trying to stay clear of the fast and furious rice kind if you know what i mean... thanks for the props ! this should be a fun car to own... it's really fun to drive.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
i heard a rumor that the guys designing this car in the 80's had pictures and cutaways of C4 corvettes on the wall behind their desks. im kinda biased, but i guess if you are gonna make a sweet car you will need sweet inspiration. you can say what you want about styling, but these cars handle like mad (both the porsche and the c4)

Users who are viewing this thread