Pics of my True Forged intercooler and radiator tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuy

Established Member
Installed them last week, took some pictures today. I received several compliments. :banana: I wanted to share some pictures with you guys.

trueforged-4.jpg

trueforged-2.jpg

trueforged-1.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
jesus, check your pm, or answer your phone! :D

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you'll notice the tanks are a little bit off. this is for 2 reasons.

1. when we started making the intercooler reservoir tanks, my builder would put the mounting bracket in a vice (already welded onto the tank) and bend them a little, making the tanks sit flat. eventually, we got so busy making these that he forgot to keep doing this. wasnt a big deal since it doesnt look bad just sitting in the car. but as you can see it sitting next to our new expansion tank, it looks like its on a forward angle a bit. you can try to bend it downward by pushing on the back of the tank but the bracket is SO strong/thick that it just rises back up. if you're inclined, you can remove it and do the vice thing like my builder was supposed to be doing. yes, i know how fun it is to do that, ive done it myself numerous times. luckily its not TOO much work. and that's if you feel like even doing it. both EB and Chuy said they were both content with the way they sit.

2. the other reason is my builder was in SUCH a rush to get these three tanks out in time for the huge show last weekend, he forgot to add the riser/spacer under the back bracket. the rest will come with a small riser welded onto the back bracket to raise the back of the tank up. the riser sits on the flat part of the mounting rod where the bracket itself normally sits. its about .25" thick. luckily for EB his didnt have one because it wouldnt have worked since he cut his rod down.

and of course, since these are all handmade/welded and completely separate pieces there will be slight variances. they wont be scientifically exact. you may need to do a little adjust to make them sit exactly how you want. this is also why we included slotted holes in the mounting tabs so you could position the tank from L to R how you want. some may want them touching and some may want a little gap.

i hope everyone likes them and we're constantly working to improvements wherever we can :beer:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Man that is HOT!

That is one sexy under hood and those tanks really set it off. I am very much jealousy.

f2hatch

Established Member
Very nice looks great. I ordered mine wrinkle black with polished caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread