Pics of the latest mod

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Recently got HIDs and thought I'd show everyone.

Anyone interested in the kit around the chicago area can get in on a group purchase. Check out the details if interested http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267964

Anyways, on to the pics
Ballasts
HID_Ballast_Right.jpg

HID_Ballast_Left.jpg

Here's a pic that shows the drastic difference between HID and Halogen.
HID_Compare.jpg

And a front shot of the car.
HID_Front.jpg

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I already had projectors. Been wanting the HIDs forever and finally decided to drop the cash for them. Glad I did, they're great.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
No problems with heat. I've read that HIDs run cooler than halogens. Not sure if it's true but they do use less power (55w halogen, 35w HID).

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
No problems with heat. I've read that HIDs run cooler than halogens. Not sure if it's true but they do use less power (55w halogen, 35w HID).

dammit...you just cost me more money........

98CobraStuntn

Stuntn
Established Member
i love my hid kit it was deffinetly worth the money. i bought mine off ebay just do your research most of the "phillps" kits on ebay are refurbs. i bought a purevision from a power seller and had no problems. my friend also purchased a set and hasnt had any issues either. They cost me $200 to my door. all very simple 30 min plug and play install

mcaligiuri

Established Member
i have a 8000k kit and not projectors they still look amazing and light the road up sooo much, nice car btw.

jdogwelch

Established Member
97Redvenom said:
So i never really have understood this but, so with the HID's you only have 1 setting right? always on High beams?

Actually you have NO high beams.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
My HIDs are 8000k.

With stock housings and standard HIDs you have no high beams. With my projectors I have a seperate bulb for high beams and low beams. High beams are still halogen bulbs.

But, they make HIDs that have both high and low beams. If I'm not mistaken they have a small motor that moves a reflector. I think these are pretty expensive though.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Those look sweet...nice clean looking light design without being over designed.

I can only imagine the light difference...I was next to a new BMW last night on the highway and its lights were so bright - made my lights look like they weren't even on!

I do believe HID's do run hotter, at least maybe BMW's. I think they use a glass lens instead of plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread