Pics of the new blower

ditchsnake

Established Member
DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0001-2-1-1.jpg
We'll it's been cold out. Got the fuel tank out and will be working on it for awhile. Then put the blower in. I'm working on a guy that has a machine shop to mildly alter the inlet. Just got the valvecovers put back in. I still need to attach my SVT tag to it. Will double sided tape work. Also thought about a few dabs of silicone. Going to go return style fuel , so im trying to figure out how to route the hoses. Have any of you 3.4 guys made a crossover for the rails in the front and done the supply to one rail in the rear and the other to the return? I think if i make up the hose on the rear rails long I can route and attach them after the blower install. Anyways, what do you guys think. Gene

ditchsnake

Established Member
Only a 3.4

it's not the crusher intake but I did not need a spacer. The rails fit perfectly.Thanks guys

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
Was looking at a 3.4 whipple myself, just out of curiosity what kind of HP #s can you expect this one to top out at? I know they claim up to 30 PSI on lethal performance.

ditchsnake

Established Member
Hp

There are two guys on here 357cstang and torchred04 that are running 3.4's. I think torchred is making 685hp on 18#'s and I think 357cstang is making around 650 on about the same boost. I know one of them on a stock motor and maybe both of them I think just headers. Send them a PM they are both great guys. Torchred has been a lot of help to me with my questions. I probably drive him nuts but I know he'd be happy to give you advise. What impressed me is their IAT2's are like 105. I live at altitude 5500 but our DA is 9000 sometimes. The reason I went with a 3.4 is I loose 3 to 4 #'s of boost to start with. If I bought a new 2.3 I'd really be spinning it out to 23#'s just to get 19 out of it. As it is I have to get a bigger pulley to get 18 or 19#'s out of it. Gotta love that. Two tunes and better gas and I'm ready for summer. Besides I got a great price on it. PM me if your interested. Gene

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
...Going to go return style fuel , so im trying to figure out how to route the hoses. Have any of you 3.4 guys made a crossover for the rails in the front and done the supply to one rail in the rear and the other to the return? I think if i make up the hose on the rear rails long I can route and attach them after the blower install. Anyways, what do you guys think. Gene

Good luck trying to figure this one out. :beer:

Yesterday I installed my Whipple 2.3 with the Fore billet fuel rails and there is very little room behind the driver's side rail for any type of fittings/connections because of the EGR tube, vacuum lines, wiring, and my Evenflow cooling mod. I was hoping to feed my rails from the rear and avoid the front crossover line (my setup is returnless), but haven't yet figured out how to make it work... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread