Pics of the new Springs on the GT500...

fearthesnake

Established Member
I asked Sylvain @ BPS about porting the TVS way back. He told me there wasn't much to gain as they were pretty good as-is. So I just had him polish mine without porting. Then later, he ported one if I'm not mistaken...
For the gains, I'm not sure it would justify the cost.
A smaller pulley damn sure wakes them up tho!
Thats good to know and I was mistaken. Was told there were big gains from porting but your feedback makes sense.
Looks really good and I really love the paint color with the black stripes. How much of a drop did you get over factory?
Thanks Bob. From my highly technical finger measurements (lol) the back was a good 1.25 to 1.50" drop. Front was less about 1.00".

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yikes!! your perception of rough and mine are polar opposites.

Eibach sportlines were the first things to go when i brought my gt500 home.

Looks amazing though.. glad youre happy!
'13-14s with the stock Bilsteins ride much better than older GT500s. Sportlines actually softer than most.

Grabber blue with black looks killer slammed but I couldn't swing that low with our roads.

Last, porting does wake up these blowers, I did a true A-B and got almost 40rwtq!
Toyo R888 in stock size out back with that slam.
BTW Eibach has an adjustable spring perch so you can fine tune rear height.
Lookin' good man.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
'13-14s with the stock Bilsteins ride much better than older GT500s. Sportlines actually softer than most.

Grabber blue with black looks killer slammed but I couldn't swing that low with our roads.

Last, porting does wake up these blowers, I did a true A-B and got almost 40rwtq!
Lookin' good man.
-J

Fair enough but having bilsteins won't change the spring rate of the Sportlines.

I switched to BMR drags and the difference is night and day.

fearthesnake

Established Member

Lookin' good man.
-J
Thanks for your feedback on the Porting results. Who did your Port work on the TVS?

Imagine that makes the unit a little more efficient, see a slight drop in Boost psi?

I've seen a couple quotes for $400 to port the TVS. Not to bad considering there is 40rwhp to pick up.

I see you are in Ohio, definitely some rough roads I've noticed working some in Ohio. Guess the hard winters and plowing take their toll. Where I'm at, roads are fairly smooth.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I should clarify, my blower was ported AND welded (EGR indent cut and plate welded to increase plenum) but I did a test where we swapped blowers while the car was still strapped to the dyno for great gains.
Jason T. (1320junkie) on here did mine, but BPS may also do the weld. I'd imagine that does at least 50% of the gains I saw.
I'll find my post when I'm at home not on iPad.
-J

fearthesnake

Established Member
I should clarify, my blower was ported AND welded (EGR indent cut and plate welded to increase plenum) but I did a test where we swapped blowers while the car was still strapped to the dyno for great gains.
Jason T. (1320junkie) on here did mine, but BPS may also do the weld. I'd imagine that does at least 50% of the gains I saw.
I'll find my post when I'm at home not on iPad.
-J
THanks and please do. I believe this will be my next mod in a couple months. Port the TVS,Elbow and maybe the TB.

I went to Steigmeier website, the pics of the TVS porting look pretty good. Looks like on the Elbow there is alot of material added then ported out.

I may be wrong but instead of just adding a smaller upper pulley, would seem more beneficial (Efficiencies, less pressure/more volume) by Porting as well?

Has anyone had Steigmeier port their TVS unit?

Jaycee916

Fearthesnake. Lookin really good! The drop is perfect and the spacers really gives the car an aggressive stance. Are they 1/4 spacers?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
iframe>

Installed Eibach Sportline,. Happy with the results, not to stiff on the highway.

View attachment 91879 View attachment 91880 View attachment 91881
Nice! Spacers too?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Any new pics to show off the drop?

How are you liking the handling with the sportlines? Any complaints?

Also, did you have to get extended studs with the 1/4 spacers? Which ones did you go with?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Any new pics to show off the drop?

How are you liking the handling with the sportlines? Any complaints?

Also, did you have to get extended studs with the 1/4 spacers? Which ones did you go with?
Hey Zyborg, sorry for the delay.

I love the Sportline, love the response and feel. To me the ride isnt to harsh I just like the feel. Stance with stock tires/rims look great imo. Definitely have to be aware of dips/speed bumps and not approach head on but angles which doesnt bother me.

You can reuse the stock Lugs with the smaller 1/4 " plates. Anything more you wont be able to seat and tighten them and will need aftermarket parts.

I have another couple pics and a exhaust sound clip with stock mufflers and off road X that some posters wanted to hear. I just havent found time to upload and its confusing for this old geezer to post, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread