Pics/Video of MGW shifter for 2007 - 2011 GT500!!!

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
These videos will help me tremendously. Thanks!

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Awsome! Thanks for the vids. So back to finding a lift to use for when I get my shifter and rally knob! :banana:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey guys,

i made some additions to the written directions so please print these off before installing ..they will help a lot along with the videos!!

regards
george

Last edited:

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
hey guys,

i made some additions to the written directions so please print these off before installing ..they will help a lot along with the videos!!

regards
george

This is a good write up... Is there anyway to get the video files? I don't have the Internet in my garage yet ;-)

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is a good write up... Is there anyway to get the video files? I don't have the Internet in my garage yet ;-)

rich is working on final edit and as soon as he is done i will be able to start burning cds :beer::beer:

george

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
rich is working on final edit and as soon as he is done i will be able to start burning cds :beer::beer:

george

If you have the space/bandwidth, you could just post the video files on your website for folks to download to their PC's...then no CDs to burn! Or setup an FTP server at your shop and send an e-mail to the folks that have purchased to go grab them... Just some unsolicited suggestions. :thumbsup:

BTW...received my shifter and rally knob today and they look awsome! Now, back to that search for a lift...:burnout:

chuckstang

Established Member
Wow I just watched all 3 videos and that was awsome, great work and very helpful.

And I don't even own an MGW, but I learned a ton watching it and noticed what he was talking about with the factory rubber grommet vs theirs. The factory one does bind up a bit, noticed this with my steeda.

That is alot more work than what I thought for installing a shifter!

Great videos though and that thing looks sweet!

raycutchins

Established Member
I installed mine yesterday on my back in the garage. The only part to the whole install that was difficult was those front pins. What a pain in the a$$ those were, thanks Ford engineers. I set mine to 5 and it performs great and feels solid. My car is white w/ blue stripes, but I chose to go with the black ball with dark grey stripes to match the interior and because I wanted the cobras on the side also.

Here is a link to the pics of it installed. MGW GT500 Shifter pictures by raycutchins - Photobucket

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Got mine installed yesterday. This thing is awesome.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey guys just letting you guys know the second run is almost finished and the rally series balls are finally up on the site!!!

regards
george

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
I am currently using one in mach right now. wish i would have installed it a long time ago. It was very easy to install on the mach. This one looks a tad harder to do. Cant wait to use it in my 2010 gt500 though.

blacknlte

Established Member
Not the best pic, but you can see the shifter!
l_ff261f369cad4981aceda9240496c962.jpg

MattR

Established Member
should work fine you may have to use some loctite for it to line up right or just tap it a partial turn. but it will fit.

BUT....

this shifter will not make a grinding tranny stop grinding ...that is a 2nd gear synchro issue. many many many people have this issues on the new tr6060 trannies in the mustang viper and corvette world!!

george

My factory shifter in my 2011 GT500 is very notchy and requires a lot of effort due the the short throw. It sounds like this shifter has the same length or height handle and an even shorter throw 15%. With the remote mounted nature of this shifter and the now even shorter throw, how have you overcome an even harder shift effort and notchy feel. To me the 2010 -2011 is plenty short enough. I would almost like a reduced effort by a longer shifter or longer throw. I would like to replace my shifter, for a more positive feel between the gears and less effort, reduced notchy feel.

Tremec has a fix for the remote mounted shifter, they are going to offer a S197 TR-6060 with a longer tail section that has a direct mounted shifter. It will also have a splined tail shaft so the two piece drive shaft will be a thing of the past. But If I can get a shifter to help, Im sure that will be way cheaper.

Thanks for any help.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
MattR said:
Tremec has a fix for the remote mounted shifter, they are going to offer a S197 TR-6060 with a longer tail section that has a direct mounted shifter. It will also have a splined tail shaft so the two piece drive shaft will be a thing of the past.

Got a link that provides any of what you just said in detail?

MattR

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread