Pics/Vids from MACA vs EFA @ MIR

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
MooseWS6 said:
You guys take some great pics.. Love to know what cameras people are using.. I need to upgrade, but don't want to spend over 500$

You can get the Canon S3 IS 12x optical zoom 7megapixel camera I think for around $400. Or the Sony Cybershot H7 15x optical zoom for around $400.

check out http://www.dpreview.com it's a great place to compare and read reviews on cameras.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
2bscrewed said:
I got you covered! Let me know if you ever want to trade for an 03 Cobra! Haha
Nothing fancy, these were taken with my Camcorder, but you still get the jist.

Sorry, but the only pass I got of you was your worst I think, and I ran out of tape, so I had to shoot it in MPEG.

That's cool, the pics are nice.

I was laughing about that pass and my stellar 1.9 60' time.

Actually my worst was the bye run in the semis where I just rolled the throttle and went 11.0. I know one of the guys who was with the trans am filmed the 9.33 pass from the finals. I'm just waiting for them to post it.

TRBO VNM

great pics. not all loaded so I will check more out tomorrow. thanks to all who came by after for the quick cookout. definitely good times and glad I had the car out. gotta get some more miles on the motor and clutch before I get too serious.

novi357, your car is insane. the announcer was all over it man. trust me. That was always my goal with my fox, but running 10's. drive to the track, run 10's and drive home. nice to see it can be accomplished, but a lot faster. hahaha. I was the guy who went into the wall last yr at ATCO with the comp orange. I think you had oil pressure issues or something along those lines???

great pics everyone. looks like a new camera is in my future.

BTW, for the record I had no clue anyone was jumping on my neighbors trampoline

Last edited:

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
novi357, your car is insane. the announcer was all over it man. trust me. That was always my goal with my fox, but running 10's. drive to the track, run 10's and drive home. nice to see it can be accomplished, but a lot faster. hahaha. I was the guy who went into the wall last yr at ATCO with the comp orange. I think you had oil pressure issues or something along those lines???

great pics everyone. looks like a new camera is in my future.

BTW, for the record I had no clue anyone was jumping on my neighbors trampoline

Thanks. I heard most of what they were saying about not having a trailer and driving it in.

If I were to do it all over again, I probably would go a route like you guys. The new cobras are amazing platforms to build on and you can still keep all the amenities.

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Novi357 said:
It's all good, your pics are nice.

I'm sure other pics will show up, I saw a bunch of cameras and video cameras there.

I have all of your runs on video, I will get them to you sometime tonight.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Smokinbago said:
I have all of your runs on video, I will get them to you sometime tonight.

Great! thanks. Amazingly enough, with all of the years I have been racing, I have almost no videos of my car. I never have anyone with me who is filming :cryying:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Great pics everyone! Looking at the ones Omar took, I found this pic of my car...

612407135_a8193adfea_o.jpg

Didn't know my BFGs wrinkled like that, and I still couldn't get my 60' time down! Maybe that was part of my problem..

Thanks for the great pic!!

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Moose

I really like my Sony Cybershot! It has only one drawback, it drains batteries quick!

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:

I meant to add a comment about Atco, but I forgot. I have a pretty funny story about that day at the track, but will probably wait to tell you in person the next time I see you out.

Both of our broken cars were parked in the back corner of Atco last year. I ended up cracking the block in about 8 places on my first pass. So, yeeeeah, I had a "slight" oil pressure issue. And by "slight", I mean, I had no oil pressure :(

The new silver car looks great. I was parked next to you when I first got to MIR, but ended up moving over by my friends with the JPC cars when they arrived.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
kens03cobra said:
I know we are a COBRA club, but not ONE pic of the "L" :(
Yeah, sorry about that Ken. I didn't even realize you guys were there until after I'd put my camera away and ran into Diane. Think I may have edited you out of Almo's burnout picture during the brackets, but it was only just the front half of the L in the frame.

Maybe if you woulda won a trophy or something? :poke:

Last edited:

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Nxt-Sumr just sent this one over to me. I think this run was my 1.9 60' launch. Too bad the track wasn't hooking harder, I might have pulled off an 8 second pass.

mirpic2.jpg

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
The Porsche spotting the Trans Am 2 seconds and then spanking him by 100+ cars was priceless. Not that I wouldn't have been abused by him myself, but still....

Users who are viewing this thread