Pics with True Forged Super Sports

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
I brought my car to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA this past weekend. I wanted to share a couple of pics with you with the new Super Sports. Maybe some of you saw my car there. They are 3 piece satin black 20x10 front and 20x11 rear with Nitto NT05 275/35 and 315/35.

side view:

That's not me in the background:

After everyone left, I got a cool pic with the Ford logo's on the fence in the background:

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
Thanks guys. I really like the way they turned out. I originally purchased the Alcoa 50 years and sold them to buy these instead. Steve at True Forged was great to work with. I highly recommend him.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
How do you like the 20x10s on the front. That is the size I want as well (20x10F , 20x11R)

For the 20x11s and 315s, did you have to modify or relocate anything for them to fit? If not, any issues?

Crowley

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
How do you like the 20x10s on the front. That is the size I want as well (20x10F , 20x11R)

For the 20x11s and 315s, did you have to modify or relocate anything for them to fit? If not, any issues?

Crowley

Probably not because he can get the correct offset when they are made.

smrtasp

Established Member
I have been talking with Steve as well and it does sound like with the right offset 315s are not an issue for any modifications to the rear. I am contemplating this as well. I have a set of 50 years Acloas being widened out to 11" that I will pick up next week from Eric next week. Daily I go back and forth on selling those and getting something like these super sports or just putting 295 MPSS on and calling it a day.

Last edited:

MNCobra

Established Member
alcoas

I have been talking with Steve as well and it does sound like with the right offset 315s are not an issue for any modifications to the rear. I am contemplating this as well. I have a set of 50 years Acloas being widened out to 11" that I will pick up next week from Eric next week. Daily I go back and forth on selling those and getting something like these super sports or just putting 295 MPSS on and calling it a day.

I am sure once you get your alcoas you will be happy...I love those

SVT-COBRA

Established Member

Crowley

I like the added width the 20x10's provide on the front. My tires have a softer sidewall than the GY's but I haven't noticed much of a difference in cornering. I would suggest getting mud flaps for the front if you don't already have them. When the car is jacked up and the suspension is fully extended, the sidewall on the rear tires just made the slightest contact with the bumpstop bracket. Steve assured me that it is not an issue and many are running with this set-up with no issues. I have had no issues with it myself. The wheels were set-up with their 315 offset. I don't know what the actual offset is, but it is designed to hold a 315 with no clearance issues. I didn't have to remove any carpeting in the wheel well either.

The Alcoa's are nice, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of widening them and relocating the bumpstop brackets. I also prefer the deep dish look of the True Forged wheels. I wanted to get the widest tires I could get and I will eventually start upgrading the suspension for improved traction.

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I like the added width the 20x10's provide on the front. My tires have a softer sidewall than the GY's but I haven't noticed much of a difference in cornering. I would suggest getting mud flaps for the front if you don't already have them. When the car is jacked up and the suspension is fully extended, the sidewall on the rear tires just made the slightest contact with the bumpstop bracket. Steve assured me that it is not an issue and many are running with this set-up with no issues. I have had no issues with it myself. The wheels were set-up with their 315 offset. I don't know what the actual offset is, but it is designed to hold a 315 with no clearance issues. I didn't have to remove any carpeting in the wheel well either.

The Alcoa's are nice, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of widening them and relocating the bumpstop brackets. I also prefer the deep dish look of the True Forged wheels. I wanted to get the widest tires I could get and I will eventually start upgrading the suspension for improved traction.

Good information. is your car the stock height? Do you think there would be any issues if lowered (even slightly)?

thanks,
Crowley

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
Yeah my car is still at stock height. Steve said I wouldn't have any problems with lowering though I will probably have to remove some carpeting. The bumpstop brackets won't cause any problems when its lowered.

holtzja

Established Member
Nice Car and Wheels!

I brought my car to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA this past weekend. I wanted to share a couple of pics with you with the new Super Sports. Maybe some of you saw my car there. They are 3 piece satin black 20x10 front and 20x11 rear with Nitto NT05 275/35 and 315/35.

side view:

That's not me in the background:

After everyone left, I got a cool pic with the Ford logo's on the fence in the background:

Nice car -- I was the Blue 2013 GT500 Stripe Delete (3rd car in your picture) with the "Fifty Years" SS Wheels. I like your True Forged Wheels. I had my rears widened to 11.5" and running Michelin Pilot Super Sports 275x35/20 Front and 315x35/20 rears. I love them! I have not had to move my bumpstops and my car has been lowered 1/2" using Roush Rear Springs. Also running a Shelby Billet Watts Link on mine. I have not had to cut any metal or remove anything.

Last edited:

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
Nice car -- I was the Blue 2013 GT500 Stripe Delete (3rd car in your picture) with the "Fifty Years" SS Wheels. I like your True Forged Wheels. I had my rears widened to 11.5" and running Michelin Pilot Super Sports 275x35/20 Front and 315x35/20 rears. I love them! I have not had to move my bumpstops and my car has been lowered 1/2" using Roush Rear Springs. Also running a Shelby Billet Watts Link on mine.

Welcome to the forum! You have a great looking car. I thought about getting the alcoas widened but decided to go with the super sports after they came out and love them. Love your ss hood. Looks great.

Last edited:

masonh

Established Member
Nice wheels. Do you know how much they weigh?

my car has been lowered 1/2" using Roush Rear Springs

You lowered only the rear by a half inch?

I'e been contemplating the same exact thing, but haven't been able to find springs. Which springs did you buy at Roush exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread