Picture Request: Roof Racks on a 99-04 Coupe

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
as much as you get on people about the things they do tot heir cars, and yet here you are trying to put a roof rack on a mustang. Hilarious!

Try getting the right kind of vehicle if you need to carry your bike with you that often.

+1

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Wow guys, yes its a mustang and YES its still a vehicle that has a backseat and a usable trunk. Therefore i really don't see a problem with someone putting a bike rack on a MUSTANG. Maybe he doesn't want to sell it to get a "small truck", or an SUV. Give him a break, some people enjoy a quick car and also enjoy riding bikes. Aside from that I think the receiver hitch and rack will be the best idea. Don't listen to these overly educated posts above me. Its your vehicle and you can do what you want to it.

Nick

Hang around here longer and you will understand why everyone is giving him such a hard time.

As much as you get on people about the things they do tot heir cars, and yet here you are trying to put a roof rack on a mustang. Hilarious!

Try getting the right kind of vehicle if you need to carry your bike with you that often.

+10000000

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Saris-Bones-805-2-Bike-Trunk/dp/B000BT30RK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1253488012&sr=8-1"]Try this.[/ame]

I bought one and carry my mountain bike with it on my '08. Haven't had a single problem with it.

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
I never have high hopes for SVTP honestly.

Longhorn: I've not seen that before. That seems perfect for easy install/removal (which i'm after) and I won't have to spend $300 for the Yakima system. It would be to hold a mountain bike in this situation also, so that's good you're holding one on yours rather than a small BMX or the like! Thanks!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I never have high hopes for SVTP honestly.

Great way to sell your blackouts man...seriously I was just messing with you. I didn't think you were being serious when you posted such a question. And I had no clue you gave others heck over questionable mods lol.

Don't listen to these overly educated posts above me. Its your vehicle and you can do what you want to it.

Nick

Don't look now but it might just have been an undereducated post between the ones above and below you.

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Ever think about buying a collapsible bike?

That sounds like a grand idea and perfect for trails and greenways.

My mountain bike is a week old. No new bikes after this for years to come.

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Great way to sell your blackouts man...seriously I was just messing with you. I didn't think you were being serious when you posted such a question. And I had no clue you gave others heck over questionable mods lol.

I just find it repetitious and boring to see stock-bodied Cobras over and over, but that will be refuted until the end of days.

I don't care much about selling blackouts any more, really. We're focusing on wraps now.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I just find it repetitious and boring to see stock-bodied Cobras over and over, but that will be refuted until the end of days.

I don't care much about selling blackouts any more, really. We're focusing on wraps now.

Maybe you could wrap the bike around the car? :rolling:

j/k...I have no idea about what will be refuted, I have never seen any posts from you at all before today. :beer:

XtremeAceX

Established Member
wtf is wrong with you?

you obviously put this on here to get some attention.

this is like buying a cobra in canada without having a winter vehicle .. if u wanna ride a bike, imo figure out a different way to get ur bike somewhere .. or just ride your bike where u need to go

+1 on sell the bike :p

Teksid281

Banned
LOL best way to transport a bike with a Cobra...sell the bike. I love this website.

On topic though, Vinyl, my brother had one of those a few years ago when he still had a car rather than 2 trucks. I think its laying around our shop somewhere, if he still has it you want me to see if he wants to sell it?

Stevo151

Established Member
As much as you get on people about the things they do tot heir cars, and yet here you are trying to put a roof rack on a mustang. Hilarious!

lol so true! :lol1:

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
LOL best way to transport a bike with a Cobra...sell the bike. I love this website.

On topic though, Vinyl, my brother had one of those a few years ago when he still had a car rather than 2 trucks. I think its laying around our shop somewhere, if he still has it you want me to see if he wants to sell it?

Sure. That would be great!

cobraracer46

Banned
I'm a Mustang enthusiast and serious cyclist so for me, burning money on a SUV type vehicle didn't make much sense to to me. Besides that, with the money I save by not purchasing a SUV, I have more MOD money for the Cobra.
The Mustang Cobra is the only vehicle I own and while on any given year I put more miles on my bicycles than my car, there are those times when its necessary to transport the bike when a triathlon, bike race or Lake Tahoe is a couple of hundred miles away.

My solution to transporting my bikes easily was to install a hidden trailer hitch so a receiver type bike rack could easy be installed and removed in seconds.

3940872627_0c2b20e5c2_b.jpg

3941666594_d3dbf2d2dd_o.jpg

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
I'm a Mustang enthusiast and serious cyclist so for me, burning money on a SUV type vehicle didn't make much sense to to me. Besides that, with the money I save by not purchasing a SUV, I have more MOD money for the Cobra.
The Mustang Cobra is the only vehicle I own and while on any given year I put more miles on my bicycles than my car, there are those times when its necessary to transport the bike when a triathlon, bike race or Lake Tahoe is a couple of hundred miles away.

My solution to transporting my bikes easily was to install a hidden trailer hitch so a receiver type bike rack could easy be installed and removed in seconds.

3940872627_0c2b20e5c2_b.jpg

3941666594_d3dbf2d2dd_o.jpg

That looks good! Do you have any pictures of underneath by chance?

Users who are viewing this thread