Pictures of your cage AND racing seats

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
I installed a MM 6 point cage w/ my stock seats and then I picked up some CR1's. well the stock seats worked perfect and the CR1's are not even close to fitting. I am at a bit of a loss here and hoping to see some other set ups to get an idea of what to do next...

Here is the set up with the stock seats
887eaaf3.jpg

and with the CR1's
d8b25e47.jpg

dd575096.jpg

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I installed a MM 6 point cage w/ my stock seats and then I picked up some CR1's. well the stock seats worked perfect and the CR1's are not even close to fitting. I am at a bit of a loss here and hoping to see some other set ups to get an idea of what to do next...

887eaaf3.jpg

and with the CR1's
d8b25e47.jpg

dd575096.jpg

:wf:

KILRSVT

Established Member
I don't have a cage but down the road I'll be in a 6 point roll bar with FX1 pros and 5 point harness

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
Your suppose to build the cage around the seats. That's why I do not like already built roll bars.

I did build the cage around the seats. My factory seats. The. I decided to go aftermarket with the seats. I'm trying to get a visual idea on what others have done, not focus on hind sight

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
MM roll bars are not custom. they are premade to stock specifications. If you wanted a roll bar made around racing seats you should of had a custom one made.

Granelli31

Established Member
Had the same problem with my fixed back corbeau seats. You'll be forced to either go with a narrower seat or use the existing hoop with custom door bars. A few companies make a diy hinge kit for swing away door bars, you choose where to mount it.

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
Had the same problem with my fixed back corbeau seats. You'll be forced to either go with a narrower seat or use the existing hoop with custom door bars. A few companies make a diy hinge kit for swing away door bars, you choose where to mount it.

Got any links for these. That is exactly what I am looking for. I dont want to have a cage built, but would be more than happy to re design mt door bars.

Thanks for the first productive post:beer:

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
Well I have done all I can. Tried to drill into the seat brackets and move the seats more inwards, switched seat tracks. Nothing. I think I found some tubing and I guess I will pick up a bender and re design

rider4life350

Established Member

887eaaf3.jpg

and with the CR1's
d8b25e47.jpg

dd575096.jpg

Same problem here. PO must have had the cage built around the stock seats the put in some race seats and my door bars no longer fit.

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
Same problem here. PO must have had the cage built around the stock seats the put in some race seats and my door bars no longer fit.

I picked up some steel and a tubing bender. Decided to re design my cage!:banana:

cnnrlck

Established Member
can you shoot me a pm or email...im probably going to encounter the same problem, assuming you have the skinny CR1s... email is username @gmail

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Seats suck, but they have to be FIA approved.

facebook1299350234.jpg

facebook1158441836.jpg

Pics of the cage after I rolled it 2.5 times. Rebuilt the car in 4 weeks for the next race then blew out my rear diff 4 miles in, completely unrelated to the roll.:bash:

facebook206006714.jpg

facebook1618575034.jpg

Last edited:

SnakeForce

Established Member
Seats suck, but they have to be FIA approved.

facebook1299350234.jpg

facebook1158441836.jpg

Pics of the cage after I rolled it 2.5 times. Rebuilt the car in 4 weeks for the next race then blew out my rear diff 4 miles in, completely unrelated to the roll.:bash:

facebook206006714.jpg

facebook1618575034.jpg

Wow,that's what a roll cage is made for,glad that you are ok :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread