Pinellas County Tuner - Ford Speed?

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I just got another '03 Cobra and it's pretty much stock. Considering chip and pulley set up. It's been 5+ years since I sold my other '03 and I've been looking into who's still tuning around me (a lot has changed apparently). Anyways I'm in the Largo/Seminole area and don't want to drive too far (car has only 5K miles). Ford Speed is very close. I've used the search function and couldn't find anything too helpful on them though. If you don't have anything on Ford Speed, maybe another close, reputable tuner. Thanks.

EDIT: I went with Josh Levin. I'm happy with the results and will have him do more tuning if I decide to mod the car further.

Last edited:

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Justin was one of the names that came up during my search. Orlando is too far for me though.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
If I can't find a reliable local tuner I may just stick with i/e. Yes, I know it's a big difference. My previous '03 was 458/487.

vertigyn

Established Member
Brian has also tuned my KB'd Mach (at S&R Performance in Tampa). I've been very pleased and it's been doing well since the tune. Personally I wouldn't use Coastal...other shops in the area that are good are Real Speed, Ramsey's, and S&R Performance.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Brain from EFI Unlimited is awesome, he used to tune for James at Race Related. Brian will be tuning my turbo nitrous 01 cobra when its done. Josh Levin is also really good, he tunes for race related now. What ever you do stay away from sam at coastal, he is a real shit bag and a shitty tuner as well.

-Ryan

cobra4v04

Established Member
What is Brians Contact information? I have an 04' that I just put a 2.8 pulley on and did a Steeda SCT tune, want to get it fine tuned.
Any feedback on Ramseys?

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I ended up going with Josh Levin. He did a great job and and took time to explain anything I had a question about. He does things right and he'll take care of you after the tune if you have any issues. Plus in this world of questionable business practices he is legit and his price is very competitive. The car runs great and is very strong on the street.

Last edited:

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Brain from EFI Unlimited is awesome, he used to tune for James at Race Related. Brian will be tuning my turbo nitrous 01 cobra when its done. Josh Levin is also really good, he tunes for race related now. What ever you do stay away from sam at coastal, he is a real shit bag and a shitty tuner as well.

-Ryan

Has done some great work for me and I am real happy!
I use Justin @ VMP for all my Tuning!

JasonSnake

Established Member
Would any of these shops do work on my TBird such as rear end gears and tranny shift / tune ?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I ended up going with Josh Levin. He did a great job and and took time to explain anything I had a question about. He does things right and he'll take care of you after the tune if you have any issues. Plus in this world of questionable business practices he is legit and his price is very competitive. The car runs great and is very strong on the street.
Where did Josh tune it at? SCT? Diablo?

vertigyn

Established Member
I don't know Brian's contact info - I always get in touch with him through S&R Performance. S&R Performance will work on any car and will do anything you need! Check them out: Welcome To the World of S & R PERFORMANCE

They've done all the work on my car.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Ramsey's. He knows his Kenne Bell's VERY well!

Nate's7.3

Established Member
Brian has also tuned my KB'd Mach (at S&R Performance in Tampa). I've been very pleased and it's been doing well since the tune. Personally I wouldn't use Coastal...other shops in the area that are good are Real Speed, Ramsey's, and S&R Performance.

After just going with Ramsey's I can not say I 100% recommend them to anyone. :(

Nate's7.3

Established Member
What is Brians Contact information? I have an 04' that I just put a 2.8 pulley on and did a Steeda SCT tune, want to get it fine tuned.
Any feedback on Ramseys?

I am not bad mouthing him in any way but I was not happy over all with my dealings with them this year. I know he has made a name and done some great work, heck he pulled out great numbers with my car. Over all though I am still left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Had almost $2k of work done and lets just say I did not leave with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread