Pinellas County Tuner - Ford Speed?

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I am not bad mouthing him in any way but I was not happy over all with my dealings with them this year. I know he has made a name and done some great work, heck he pulled out great numbers with my car. Over all though I am still left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Had almost $2k of work done and lets just say I did not leave with a smile.

Care to elaborate?

Nate's7.3

Established Member
Care to elaborate?

Rather not go too indepth with it.

In sort the car took a good amount of time ot get complete (not that big of a deal), Zero and I mean Zero communication, if I did not call I did not hear from the shop. I signed and agreed to $1300 and anything over needs my approval. I got the call to come and get the car, told we were all set. Showed up and got haned a bill for $2k and was told sorry we added parts/labor and etc.....I got no call or anything about the extra cost and had to come up with the extra cash to get my car back.

Car still has a check engine light from the moment it left the shop.

Gave a seconded chance for a fuel issue. Got a HUGE run around, charged money, told me my car was fixed. Picked it up, was told sorry its not fixed, test drove it and the problem still exist. Pay them $X.xx and then a $X.xx and we can fix it this time.

I know others dont have these issues and he has and am sure still does good work. Unfortunaly for me I saw none of that. So take it as you will, I know my car will never see his shop again.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Did you know there is state law to help protect you?

Motor Vehicle Repair - Division of Consumer Services, DOACS

"Florida Motor Vehicle Repair Act

The Florida Motor Vehicle Repair Act was created to assist consumers with matters relating to motor vehicle repair shops.

*The act applies to dealers of new and used cars, trucks and motorcycles; garages; service stations; self-employed persons; truck stops; and paint, body, brake, muffler, transmission, mobile repair and glass shops.
*If the repair work will cost more than $100, the repair shop must give you the option of:
1. Requesting a written estimate;
2. Being notified by the shop if the repair exceeds an amount you specify; or
3. Not requiring a written estimate at all.

*Consumers must sign and date one of the above options. Motor Vehicle Repair shops cannot force you to waive your right to an estimate.

*When a written estimate is required, you must be given a copy.
*Ask if the prices quoted are for new, used or rebuilt parts. Make sure the written estimate clearly states which.
*The repair shop must get your approval before exceeding the repair cost by more than $10 or 10 percent, whichever is greater, but not to exceed $50, so make sure you give them a phone number where you can be reached.
*You can cancel repairs if they exceed the estimate and the repair shop must reassemble the vehicle, unless it is unsafe to drive. The shop may charge you for tear-down and reassembly only if you were given notice of that charge on the estimate.
*You are entitled by state law to get back any replaced parts if you requested them initially. However, the repair shop may charge a fee, and, if the parts are under warranty agreement with the manufacturer or distributor, they may not be returned to you."

"Amount Over the Written Estimate

If your bill exceeds the final estimate that you authorized by more than $10 or 10 percent, whichever is greater, and the shop refuses to give you your vehicle unless you pay, here is what you can do:

*Obtain a copy of the bill from the shop and file a bond for the amount of the final repair bill plus storage charges, if any, with the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the county where the shop is located.
*The Clerk will issue a certificate directing the shop to release your vehicle. A law enforcement officer will help deliver the certificate to the shop, if necessary.
*The repair shop has 60 days to file a lawsuit to recover the bond as payment for the repair. If the shop does not sue within 60 days, the Clerk will return the bond money to you. The shop, however, can still file suit after release of the bond money.

If the shop refuses to release your car after it gets the certificate, you may:

1.Consult an attorney and bring legal action against the shop. The winning party may receive attorney's fees and court costs.
2.Ask the State Attorney's Office in your area to file criminal charges against the shop as it is a misdemeanor for the shop to refuse to release your car when it gets a certificate.

Although you do not have to file a lawsuit against the shop, if you choose to do so, the Clerk will give you a form to file."

Last edited:

Nate's7.3

Established Member
Did you know there is state law to help protect you?

Motor Vehicle Repair - Division of Consumer Services, DOACS

"Florida Motor Vehicle Repair Act

The Florida Motor Vehicle Repair Act was created to assist consumers with matters relating to motor vehicle repair shops.

*The act applies to dealers of new and used cars, trucks and motorcycles; garages; service stations; self-employed persons; truck stops; and paint, body, brake, muffler, transmission, mobile repair and glass shops.
*If the repair work will cost more than $100, the repair shop must give you the option of:
1. Requesting a written estimate;
2. Being notified by the shop if the repair exceeds an amount you specify; or
3. Not requiring a written estimate at all.

*Consumers must sign and date one of the above options. Motor Vehicle Repair shops cannot force you to waive your right to an estimate.

*When a written estimate is required, you must be given a copy.
*Ask if the prices quoted are for new, used or rebuilt parts. Make sure the written estimate clearly states which.
*The repair shop must get your approval before exceeding the repair cost by more than $10 or 10 percent, whichever is greater, but not to exceed $50, so make sure you give them a phone number where you can be reached.
*You can cancel repairs if they exceed the estimate and the repair shop must reassemble the vehicle, unless it is unsafe to drive. The shop may charge you for tear-down and reassembly only if you were given notice of that charge on the estimate.
*You are entitled by state law to get back any replaced parts if you requested them initially. However, the repair shop may charge a fee, and, if the parts are under warranty agreement with the manufacturer or distributor, they may not be returned to you."

"Amount Over the Written Estimate

If your bill exceeds the final estimate that you authorized by more than $10 or 10 percent, whichever is greater, and the shop refuses to give you your vehicle unless you pay, here is what you can do:

*Obtain a copy of the bill from the shop and file a bond for the amount of the final repair bill plus storage charges, if any, with the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the county where the shop is located.
*The Clerk will issue a certificate directing the shop to release your vehicle. A law enforcement officer will help deliver the certificate to the shop, if necessary.
*The repair shop has 60 days to file a lawsuit to recover the bond as payment for the repair. If the shop does not sue within 60 days, the Clerk will return the bond money to you. The shop, however, can still file suit after release of the bond money.

If the shop refuses to release your car after it gets the certificate, you may:

1.Consult an attorney and bring legal action against the shop. The winning party may receive attorney's fees and court costs.
2.Ask the State Attorney's Office in your area to file criminal charges against the shop as it is a misdemeanor for the shop to refuse to release your car when it gets a certificate.

Although you do not have to file a lawsuit against the shop, if you choose to do so, the Clerk will give you a form to file."

I am aware. I was a service writer for many years.

I didnt want to deal with the bullshit and just ponyed up the cash and chalked it up to bad luck.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Rather not go too indepth with it.

In sort the car took a good amount of time ot get complete (not that big of a deal), Zero and I mean Zero communication, if I did not call I did not hear from the shop. I signed and agreed to $1300 and anything over needs my approval. I got the call to come and get the car, told we were all set. Showed up and got haned a bill for $2k and was told sorry we added parts/labor and etc.....I got no call or anything about the extra cost and had to come up with the extra cash to get my car back.

Car still has a check engine light from the moment it left the shop.

Gave a seconded chance for a fuel issue. Got a HUGE run around, charged money, told me my car was fixed. Picked it up, was told sorry its not fixed, test drove it and the problem still exist. Pay them $X.xx and then a $X.xx and we can fix it this time.

I know others dont have these issues and he has and am sure still does good work. Unfortunaly for me I saw none of that. So take it as you will, I know my car will never see his shop again.

sounds like coastal but my bill was almost 3 times as big...now im over at fully built since they like to do things right...im not a hard person to please but dear god i need these three things
#1 pick up your phone holy **** if you say your gonna call me...call me back? Or like some of these shops you just dont pick up your phone at all
#2 do what you say if you pretend you are going to be ready for my on this day...be ready for me
#3 dont act like you have better shit to do than answer my questions or else ill have better shit to do than pay you...ill find someone else

Nate's7.3

Established Member
sounds like coastal but my bill was almost 3 times as big...now im over at fully built since they like to do things right...im not a hard person to please but dear god i need these three things
#1 pick up your phone holy **** if you say your gonna call me...call me back? Or like some of these shops you just dont pick up your phone at all
#2 do what you say if you pretend you are going to be ready for my on this day...be ready for me
#3 dont act like you have better shit to do than answer my questions or else ill have better shit to do than pay you...ill find someone else

Yeah I too am rather easy to please.

Sad that you know these shops can do the work the way it needs to be done but for some reason or another they just **** off and do as they please. Thankfully my car has had no issues and has needed no work so I have not had to find or look for another shop.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Yeah I too am rather easy to please.

Sad that you know these shops can do the work the way it needs to be done but for some reason or another they just **** off and do as they please. Thankfully my car has had no issues and has needed no work so I have not had to find or look for another shop.

yeah i am getting a full return fuel system installed by a shop i wont name but they said YEAH DROP IT OFF THIS DAY, we will work on your car and knock it out...since i dont want my car sitting around for nothing...and when time came to the time he didnt even pick up his phone....sucks for him his 1600$ and my word of mouth are now going to Fully Built...real good guys who still LOVE the car scene. I havent picked up my car yet from them but so far so good!

Users who are viewing this thread