pinion angle

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Just curious which method of pinion angle adjustment are you guys using and why? (Crank or drive shaft)

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Ok,so you guys did it based off of the angle of the d.s.? This is the was I did mine as well, just went to baseline suspensions relocated uppers but was recommended to do it based off of the harmonic balancer rather than d.s. angle. Not to say the using the d.s. was wrong but I couldn't figure the difference and I was curious if any of you guys knew why, on a side note what did you guys set you pinion angle at?

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Ok,so you guys did it based off of the angle of the d.s.? This is the was I did mine as well, just went to baseline suspensions relocated uppers but was recommended to do it based off of the harmonic balancer rather than d.s. angle. Not to say the using the d.s. was wrong but I couldn't figure the difference and I was curious if any of you guys knew why, on a side note what did you guys set you pinion angle at?

I went with -3.

blk02edge

Established Member
The angle of the front joint and rear joint must match. You do not set it based off the harmonic balancer.. dont know how you would even do that... also must make sure the U-joints are in phase when re-installing the shaft

03 silver cobra

Established Member
The angle of the front joint and rear joint must match. You do not set it based off the harmonic balancer.. dont know how you would even do that... also must make sure the U-joints are in phase when re-installing the shaft

there was a write up on baseline suspensions website I was just curious, thanks for the info guys!

Users who are viewing this thread