Pissed off...

Mikes96SVT

Banned
I never thought I would be making one of these theads.. But a teenage girl ran a red light and I swiped her rear corner. There was no avoiding the accident. I locked up the breaks and swerved right... but still hit her. By the time I crawled out my window the dumb ***** had already drove off! Only to return 5 minutes later because she was "scared and didn't know what to do"

I had one witness that was coming from the other direction stop. She was a paralegal and was all worried about me because I was coughing from all the smoke the airbags created. She was telling me to take pics of my car, however I couldn't because I have a really ****ty phone. So she took one and sent it to my phone. She told me that on her side the light was green as well, so obviously that means my light was green.

The firetruck got there and made her move her car so she just left.

When the cop finally got there the girl gave her statement and she said that her light was green! But because my witness didn't stay on my behalf it is considered a "no contest" accident until my witness is reached and gives her statement.

All I can say is FML.

My car sits so low that when I clipped her rear end. I hit directly on the upper left portion of the frame. It completely missed the bumper support...

Pic from witness's phone
0730012308.jpg

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
SON OF A BITCH! Atleast you have the witnesses phone number! Did you mention to the cops that the teenage girl ran away then came back? Maybe after hearing that they'd be more apt to believe she's also lying about her light being green. Goodluck! Let us know how it ends up!

If it makes you feel any better my car got keyed and I just realized it today. It happened some time between when I got back from mustang week on Sunday and when I washed it today. My bet is either my roommate or neighbor.... WTF! A big cross, almost a "T" on my fender that is bigger than my hand...

Mikes96SVT

Banned
SON OF A BITCH! Atleast you have the witnesses phone number! Did you mention to the cops that the teenage girl ran away then came back? Maybe after hearing that they'd be more apt to believe she's also lying about her light being green. Goodluck! Let us know how it ends up!

If it makes you feel any better my car got keyed and I just realized it today. It happened some time between when I got back from mustang week on Sunday and when I washed it today. My bet is either my roommate or neighbor.... WTF! A big cross, almost a "T" on my fender that is bigger than my hand...

I called the lady and had her talk to the cop, but since she physically didn't write a statement it doesn't mean anything yet.. And yeah man that sucks.. And Yeah I put that in the statement that she left and then came back.

:'(
IMG_3244.jpg

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Damn, looked good! I'm sorry if this is a bad time to ask lol but what kind of clear corners are those?

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Damn that Sucks! Sorry to hear what happen and you just got that heat extractor hood. I really like the look of your car before this mishap. I hope everything works out for you.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Damn man that sucks but I'm sure it will work out as soon as the witness gives their statement, that's going to be an expensive paint job for that dumb bitch that hit you... You should have falcon punched her

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Damn man that sucks but I'm sure it will work out as soon as the witness gives their statement, that's going to be an expensive paint job for that dumb bitch that hit you... You should have falcon punched her

^this... couldn't have said it better

SVT GT

Established Member
Oh man that sucks but I hope things turn out good for you.
She left the scene of the accident to return later and the officer didn't cite her on that?...how cute was she and how many tears were falling?
How f'd up is that the witness did not stay to give a report. I hope she will tell the insurance companies. Heck she did take the picture and it was from her phone (guessing). There are records of that, that the cell phone companies keep. If it goes (big IF) to court make sure the witness will be there.

lafeva

Established Member
^^ all this! thats awful, sorry to hear.. people drive like fkin ricky bobby down around in Newport news! its nuts!

JenningsW

hey bro..i saw this happen last night like almost immediately after it happened..i live right by cnu and see your car all the time..if you need any kind of testimony id be more then happy to help you out man..couldnt believe it when i saw your car =(

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn man I'm really sorry to hear. You just got this car too!! I hope that it can be repaired..

Mikes96SVT

Banned
Oh man that sucks but I hope things turn out good for you.
She left the scene of the accident to return later and the officer didn't cite her on that?...how cute was she and how many tears were falling?
How f'd up is that the witness did not stay to give a report. I hope she will tell the insurance companies. Heck she did take the picture and it was from her phone (guessing). There are records of that, that the cell phone companies keep. If it goes (big IF) to court make sure the witness will be there.
The girl was young, and yes she was pretty cute. I looked her name up on FB she is 19. She told the officer "she was scared and didn't know what to do so she left." Literally by the time I crawled out my window she was gone. The lady that stopped for me was like "where the **** is the other car!?" She came back like 2-3 minutes later.
The lady (witness) left because the fireman told her to move her car. (before the cop got there) But she told me if she needed to be contacted, I already had everything I needed from her. (name and number) But I didn't know the cop would need a physical written statement.

^^ all this! thats awful, sorry to hear.. people drive like fkin ricky bobby down around in Newport news! its nuts!

Dude its ridiculous, I have avoided many accidents lately. But this one was inevitable.

hey bro..i saw this happen last night like almost immediately after it happened..i live right by cnu and see your car all the time..if you need any kind of testimony id be more then happy to help you out man..couldnt believe it when i saw your car =(
Wow man, thats crazy. It's a small world. If you could text me that would be great 757-251-8733

Damn man I'm really sorry to hear. You just got this car too!! I hope that it can be repaired..
I'm hoping the insurance company works with me a littler bit. The airbags deployed so I feel as if they will total it...
0731111102.jpg

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
I never thought I would be making one of these theads.. But a teenage girl ran a red light and I swiped her rear corner. There was no avoiding the accident. I locked up the breaks and swerved right... but still hit her. By the time I crawled out my window the dumb ***** had already drove off! Only to return 5 minutes later because she was "scared and didn't know what to do"

I had one witness that was coming from the other direction stop. She was a paralegal and was all worried about me because I was coughing from all the smoke the airbags created. She was telling me to take pics of my car, however I couldn't because I have a really ****ty phone. So she took one and sent it to my phone. She told me that on her side the light was green as well, so obviously that means my light was green.

The firetruck got there and made her move her car so she just left.

When the cop finally got there the girl gave her statement and she said that her light was green! But because my witness didn't stay on my behalf it is considered a "no contest" accident until my witness is reached and gives her statement.

All I can say is FML.

My car sits so low that when I clipped her rear end. I hit directly on the upper left portion of the frame. It completely missed the bumper support...

Pic from witness's phone

0730012308.jpg

Not to be devils advocate, but you stated that the witness left before the cops and stuff arrived yet in the picture the firebrick is right behind your car and she took the picture correct? Usually cops are the first at the scene since they are already on the road and dispatch the closest one. Where the firebrick has to be dispatched from the station and the firefighters have to suit up and drive a big ass truck through the streets. Wtf is up with the cops taking so long to get there.

Mikes96SVT

Banned
Not to be devils advocate, but you stated that the witness left before the cops and stuff arrived yet in the picture the firebrick is right behind your car and she took the picture correct? Usually cops are the first at the scene since they are already on the road and dispatch the closest one. Where the firebrick has to be dispatched from the station and the firefighters have to suit up and drive a big ass truck through the streets. Wtf is up with the cops taking so long to get there.

There is a firestation right down the road from where the accident occurred. And the cop literally took 10 minutes to get there! WTF right!? And yes she took the picture and sent it to me. She was going to stay at first but the fireman told her to move her car. But I already had her info so she just left.

TDUB003

Established Member
There is a firestation right down the road from where the accident occurred. And the cop literally took 10 minutes to get there! WTF right!? And yes she took the picture and sent it to me. She was going to stay at first but the fireman told her to move her car. But I already had her info so she just left.

Have you tried calling the witness and explaining the situation to her and ask her politely if she can come down and give a written statement? If that route doesn't work you can always to take it to court and have her subpoenaed.

Also, if I were you I would be contacting some body about the fact that this girl left the scene of the accident. I know it wasn't the case in this situation but in all reality somebody could have been seriously hurt. I don't give a shit if Jesus was driving that car, leaving the scene is not something to be taken lightly.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Shit, I just realized your car is a Mystic. That chic is gonna be in for one hell of a claim from her insurance company!!

on a side note................pics of the chic or it didn't happen

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
damn, my stomach dropped reading this, i remember messaging you about wanting to buy this beautiful car, it hurts seeing that rare hood get damaged (especially since you bought it and got it painted to match), and im so sorry to hear that they are taking the car from you and you cant buy it back, such a shame, this car is sick!!!!

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
if they do try to total it...buy it back and fix it...to nice to let go. the whole thing sux. sorry to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread