Place a dollar amount.....

Fire Harley

LMB
Established Member
12k audio and video around 8k in performance mods $700 in gauges last week $900 in ds loop and slicks today. man i am getting sick:xpl:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
0 on the actual truck, I've only driven her maybe 1500 miles this year and one oil change. I did spend $155,000 on a house with a garage for it but I was buying a house anyway. It was just a requirement for a garage. I'm sick of doing mods and repairs in the open elements.

ecoastkid

Established Member
right around 5-6k. Install and tuning of the 6lb the first time, subsequent motor popping on the dyno. Motor from ecoastkid at an unbelievable deal, ported blower, new converter, motor install and second tune. Now the friggin registration is due.

:beer:

Glad its working out for you!

What did you put down to the wheels?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I may have a set of Recaros to sell you by then.

Im at about well over 30,000 for this year... Bur I did get the powerplant, trans, fuel, and brakes where I finally wanted it with all supporting mods.

Edit: just rechecked everything, lets say over 37.. god damn.

For next year, I plan on doing a complete overhaul on the interior, recaro's, Expy console, leather wrapping the whole dash and rear deck, suede headliner, re-wrap the steering wheel, and redo the sound system. overall hoping to be at about 5g with that.

Also would like to relocate the battery, dont know how much that will cost me.

And a new set of tails as soon as I find the right pair I'm 100% sold on. Thats it.

Oh! 15x10 wheels for some slicks, metco traction bars, TA diff cover, refine my exhaust set up, new door sill plates, roll cage, maybe a stripe on the cowl of the hood, painting all the plastic pieces on the exterior, retro fitting BMW projector bulbs in the headlights with a bright Highbeam....

Do you see how this gets expensive???

**sigh**

On a side note,,, Eric, you really have no idea what a luxury it is to be able to live in the same country where all these performance parts are manufactured. Not to mention great dyno tuners that give you peace of mind. I guess its the punishment for cheap gas :shrug:

whiteonblackL

Established Member
man, i honestly dont know, id say close to 15k or so. went whipple, billet rodded longblock, all supp. mods, corbeaus, long tubes, new exhaust built for it, whats shitty is im only about 1/2 there, i still needa do the trans and converter, slicks&skinnys, and get it caged up and ready to go, and thennnn get this turd tuned.

on a second though, i should have left it how it was, and bought another race car. lol

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I would have to say about 2,500... The new hood, QA1's for the front. new heat exchanger, Ice reservoir, Battery relocation set up and a New Opptima batter to go with the new set up. I plan on spending about 2,000 on it this year. Trying to save for a converter and some ET streets.

I have to spend money on the Cobra now... The wife wants it to go faster....

slowcoupe89

holic of many variations
Established Member
$450, owned it since 3rd week of October. Had the dealership not covered the issue I had THE DAY I BOUGHT THE TRUCK THE SECOND I PUT IT IN "P" IN MY DRIVEWAY then I would've added $400 to that.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Well since I have owned the truck I have spent close to 9k. My next goal is a built motor and trans..

Scott, we know chad has us all beat on how much money has been spent on one truck in the last two years.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Not counting the brake job, around $700. Headlights, taillights, and stereo. Spent 150 on a painted rear bumper, since mine has paint flaking off, but the paint got damaged in shipping. Not sure what I'm going to do about that.

slowcoupe89

holic of many variations
Established Member
hey slowcoupe, what happened to your truck right after you bought it?
u can pm me if you wish...

Short story : The vacuum line leading from the lower to the PCV had a crack in it and my gauges are delayed to illuminate.

Long story : I live about 140 miles from the dealership where I purchased the truck. The trip is mostly 70 - 80mph with some stop and go at the end. No problems, test drove it 3 times before signing paperwork, no problems on the way home. I get in the driveway, put it in park, check engine light pops on... The fiance wanted to go for a ride to the local ice cream shop so we jump in, light still on, idling ruff in park but once in drive no problems. The next day I stopped by the local shop and the code from the light was that the truck was running lean at an idle. So I get in contact with the dealership and tell them about the issue they say no problem set an appointment and they'll take care of it. Well a couple days before making the drive my gauge lights have a 30 - 45 second delay before illuminating, they work just take a while to light up. Drive to the dealership, spend a full day, they can't get the part till the next day, get a rental, go home, come back the next night, gauges still aren't fixed...

jerardogav

Established Member
I spent about 4k probably more but never keep track planning on a couple more mods this year so don't know how much.

Users who are viewing this thread