Plasti dipped fog lights?? What do you guys think?

fake

Established Member
And still functional.........

IMG_0846.jpg

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
because it has 662 supercharged HP! a stock(or even bolt on equipped) 5.0l does NOT need the same amount of cooling as a 662HP supercharged 5.8l. if it did, the grill would be more open from the factory.
i have my doubts about any sort of ram air, would like to see some testing behind that.

Its not rocket science that opening up a restricted grille by removing fogs to replace with a screen increases airflow to engine components. 5-15 degree differences across the board moving and stationary in my testing via Aeroforce.

You do know the intake pulls air from directly behind the drivers side foglight and outer grille area?

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Its not rocket science that opening up a restricted grille by removing fogs to replace with a screen increases airflow to engine components. 5-15 degree differences across the board moving and stationary in my testing via Aeroforce.

You do know the intake pulls air from directly behind the drivers side foglight and outer grille area?

Sure, but you're kidding yourself if you think doing that is going to make any sort of significant difference. The stock intake is actually a well designed piece.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

.5HP increase, congratulations?
look, you're completely right, it makes a difference. but lets not pretend that it's anything to write home about, or even noticeable on the butt dyno.

Sure, but you're kidding yourself if you think doing that is going to make any sort of significant difference. The stock intake is actually a well designed piece.
exactly. this is the same forum that debates whether or not a CAI actually adds HP, yet pulling the fogs will give some sort of noticeable performance increase? c'mon now.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'm personally not a fan at all of plastidipped anything. It's just cheap and tacky looking.

Form follows function. If you don't like the fogs, you should just delete them entirely.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member

You missed the point entirely, im not debating the stock intake and its design?

let me re-cap
5-15 degree differences across the board moving and stationary in my testing via Aeroforce.

This was using the stock intake with the foglights removed replaced with plasti-dipped screen.

.5HP increase, congratulations?
look, you're completely right, it makes a difference. but lets not pretend that it's anything to write home about, or even noticeable on the butt dyno.

exactly. this is the same forum that debates whether or not a CAI actually adds HP, yet pulling the fogs will give some sort of noticeable performance increase? c'mon now.

Thank you for understanding, removing the fog lights does increase flow. Neither I nor UNI2IT stated any performance increases from doing so.

Keep this thread on track.

Just out of curiosity, do you own a 11-13 5.0?

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'm personally not a fan at all of plastidipped anything. It's just cheap and tacky looking.

Form follows function. If you don't like the fogs, you should just delete them entirely.

i did my lower valance in plasti dip i think it looks good :shrug:

019-3.gif

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
You missed the point entirely, im not debating the stock intake and its design?

let me re-cap
5-15 degree differences across the board moving and stationary in my testing via Aeroforce.

This was using the stock intake with the foglights removed replaced with plasti-dipped screen.

No, I didn't miss the point. I'm merely saying your "results" are insignificant - they're not going to affect the performance of the car. So while you taking out your fogs may make you feel good on the inside, you're just reinventing the wheel here.

Thank you for understanding, removing the fog lights does increase flow. Neither I nor UNI2IT stated any performance increases from doing so.

Ok, so what's the point in doing it then? Self actualization?

Back to the point of thread, I agree with some of the others - plasti dip on the fogs looks tacky. And you'll probably break them should you accidentally turn them on.

BTW, AM sells delete kits now for the fog lights that don't look nearly as backyard as using gutter guard. I'm just sayin'.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
No, I didn't miss the point. I'm merely saying your "results" are insignificant - they're not going to affect the performance of the car. So while you taking out your fogs may make you feel good on the inside, you're just reinventing the wheel here.

Ok, so what's the point in doing it then? Self actualization?

Back to the point of thread, I agree with some of the others - plasti dip on the fogs looks tacky. And you'll probably break them should you accidentally turn them on.

BTW, AM sells delete kits now for the fog lights that don't look nearly as backyard as using gutter guard. I'm just sayin'.

You seem the to be the only one not grasping this idea.

Opening up the grille area so that air flow is maximized to the front end components of the car is the point. I don't know how much more clear i can make this.

The block off plates you mention are $99 and my backyard functional gutter guard with a can of plastidip is under $10.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
The problem with it is that it looks like a $10 dollar job too. Leave that crap to the Honda crowd. :lol1:

nah i don't think so.
Looks similar to the boss 302s grille.

Ive had the roush grille, don't like the saleen and the CJ is pretty hard to come by. So for me this is a functional alternative.

Funny you mention Honda Steve, bring your Garage Queen out to Ennis tonight for Fast Friday and see if you can keep up. :burnout:

evanjp

Established Member
Vicious Jay HOLY CRAP that really does look amazing. Thinking of trying that on my Sterling Grey...

Did you use tape to block off the top part to not get it on the other part of the bumper?

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Honestly some of u guys are just plain ridiculous!! Had I not said it was plastidip and posted these pictures for delete plates from AM u guys would found something else to say. I can guarantee one thing if u saw my car and those fog deletes u wouldn't tell the difference. U guys act like we drive lambos and Ferraris let me tell u some Hondas for ur info cost more than some of our big bad mustangs pshhhh.... If I mess up my lights then I'll get new ones, for now I'll stick with my $6 Plasti dipp that looks exactly the same.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
You seem the to be the only one not grasping this idea.

Opening up the grille area so that air flow is maximized to the front end components of the car is the point. I don't know how much more clear i can make this.

No, I completely understand your idea. I'm also telling you that reducing underhood temps by 5-10 degrees isn't going to mean a hill of beans difference in the grand scheme of things. I don't know why *that* is so hard for you to understand.

The block off plates you mention are $99 and my backyard functional gutter guard with a can of plastidip is under $10.

Yeah, and your $10 job looks like a backyard $10 job too. Reminds me of something I would have done........when I was in high school.

Honestly some of u guys are just plain ridiculous!! Had I not said it was plastidip and posted these pictures for delete plates from AM u guys would found something else to say. I can guarantee one thing if u saw my car and those fog deletes u wouldn't tell the difference.

Anyone that dropped $30k+ for a car shouldn't have to resort to using Plastidip for modifications. Call that snobbish, pretentious, arrogant, whatever - I don't care. I think the entire Plastidip trend needs to die in a fire. :xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread