Please Help Me Decide Which Wheels To Go With

jcorlew24

Established Member
I just bought my new to me car a couple of months ago. This is third Terminator I have owned, but I have been out of the Mustang world for a while racing offoad. As you know a lot of things have change with these cars since 03.

When I bought the car I loved everything about except the wheels. To me the Saleen replicas on this level of car did it no justice. After doing a quick search, the CCW polished Classics were the wheels that really stood out to me.

After getting a quote from CCW I started looking around for used wheels, to try and cut some costs. I have never been a fan of black wheels. I am like a stripper and like shiney things. I did however fall in love with the CCW wheels that Competition had for sale with the titanium centers. I missed those wheels, but came across a couple of others. I really liked the wide stance of the 335 tire on the 11" wheel.

I am looking for opinions of what you guys think would look best on my car.

Here is a picture of the car when Todd owned it. Still looks the same. (Hope he doesn't mind I stole his picture)

cobra_zps23dee902.jpg

cobra2_zps34c42aad.jpg

The wheels on it as it sits, are Saleen Reps with true Saleen centers 18/10 rears and 18/9 fronts. The tires are newer KDW 275/35/18 on front, and 315/30/18 KDW drags on the rear.

The first option is a really nice set of TF Chicanes 18" wheels with centers painted a little darker than mineral grey and polished lips. The wheels are 18/9 fronts and 18/10.5 rears. The paint has some metallic in it to match the paint on the car.

securedownload5_zpse7d608e4.jpg

securedownload6_zps380c010a.jpg

securedownload11_zps5c2d28bd.jpg

securedownload10_zps369f8695.jpg

The next set are 18" CCW classics with black powder coated centers. The black actually has some metallic in it and almost looks grey. They remind me almost of the Titanium wheels Competition had for sale. The wheels are 18/9.5 fronts and 18/10 rear. There is one ding on one of the wheels as shown in the picture.

securedownload_zps4964b151.jpg

securedownload2_zps77aeb940.jpg

securedownload3_zps6ce8fe7c.jpg

securedownload1_zpsf8c11107.jpg

Or should I just save up and spend the extra dough on polished classics with the width I want? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Whatever you decide, I'd go with chrome (TF) or polished (CCW). MG needs something that POPS. I was very happy with my experience buying CCW wheels. Call the shop and speak with John (owner) he'll take care of you.

IMO, save your money, get what you want. Do it once, do it right. If you settle on wheels you'll be kicking yourself. You'd still be spending a lot (relative) of money on a used set.

VNMUS03

Established Member
Black center.. Don't match color, kinda looks bland in my opinion.
Brushed aluminum center and polished step lip would be sick

Ace5Oh

Established Member
I think it looks great the way it sits now. Just my opinion. But second choice would be polished ccw's.

VNMUS03

Established Member
Or if you want I'll give you my stock polished cobras for them crappy Saleens, I don't mind lol

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I know polished CCW sp500's are kinda dated but I'm getting a set anyway. Always liked them & never had a set. Should be here any day. 18x9.5 & 18x11. Toyo 888's too.
The TF's would look good on your car IMO.

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Looks great with the Saleens.
Could be me or just our cars but I'm always looking at changing wheels setups
I'd say polished Classics myself.

Users who are viewing this thread