PLEASE HELP Ride Hieght Issues

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
Ok so I'm having some ride hieght issues on my 96'. The back is sitting off level. the left side is sitting 7 1/8" and the right side is at 6 1/2". I took the measurements from the lip of the rim to the bottom of the fender lip. I took the sway bar off and the shocks too. I did recently put a set of mach 1 springs on it and I did get back under it tonight and notice that the bottom of the spring on the left side at the tip is pointed about 180 degrees off of the one on the right. Other then the frame being bent not sure if it could be the problem or maybe a bent UCA or LPA. PLEASE HELP

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Make sure both pig tails on the springs are facing the same way, either both facing left or both facing right. This might fix your issue

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
I thought the same thing too so I called eibach befor tearing into it to much more and thier tech guy said it shouldn't matter. Gonna still try it though tomorrow. Will post results tomorrow night.

SVTContique

They all sit a little crooked, i noticed this too when i did my spring install and searched here for answers.

Its because of the way the suspension preloads with the driveshaft.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I have coilovers and have this same issue, did not use to have it. Having my guy tear apart the rear sometime soon to figure out what the hell is wrong, and what we have to do to fix it, every adjustment I made didn't do much at all, and i have as much as a 2 inch difference depending on how off level the ground is. At level its off something like 1.25-.5 inches compared the the right side which sits lower. I too tried to reclock the sporing switch them etc. no dice. Im hoping my upper control arm is just binding or something is bent, i want it fixed as it looks like shit to me.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I've never had this unlevel ride height issue even when I had the SRA. The car "looks" to have the same ride height on both sides. I will take a measurement this week just to see how much its off, if any.

Users who are viewing this thread