Please help.......stalling issue?

03sLeEpeRSnaKe

Established Member
OK so my car (03 SVT COBRA) has been stalling occasionally when I come to a stop and even sometimes while I'm slowing down to take a sharp turn. It starts right back up after it shuts down. I noticed it does it when it's not 100% warmed up but it also does it when it is warmed up all the way. If anyone has had this issue and resolved it please let me know. I'm open to all reasonable resolutions to this problem and I really want to get it fixed asap. And by the way the car is basically stock except for a cat back Magnaflow exhaust and a K&N filter, not a CAI, just the filter, and it only has 23,000 miles on it, so what gives??? Could it be a air to fuel ratio issue because I have these simple mods on the car, I am not the one who put them on, I bought the car with these things added. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
If the car is an early production 03 the strategy code in the computer can cause this mine did the same thing every so often (early 03) i called my tuner and he flashed the new code in my ecu and problem solved

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
My car did the same, but while it was still under warranty, I got Ford to flash an update to it. Ford will likely rape you on that now, so a dyno tune would be better because it will likely cost you the same, but improve other things besides the stall. Maybe someone will chime in on a good tuner in your area.

trendkilllx

Established Member
I have an early 03 and had the same problem, got the ford reflash under warranty, also replaced the tps about 5 years ago, no problems since.

hotcobra03

Established Member
the stall

alot of early runs here...

mine is an early run,,, ive had this problem and have not had my pcm reflashed...but as dumb as it sounds,,,pcv valve

ev153 is what is on mine

1st run cobra has a different valve than the others

for the cost its worth a try

Users who are viewing this thread