Please help with All season tire selection

MongoCobra

Established Member
I'm getting ready to pick up a brand new 2010 GT500 and will be using it as a daily driver here in the northeast. I would like to swap out the F1's for a set of all season tires to avoid the hassle of summer/snow tires. I cant seem to find a matching pair at either TireRack, Mavis or Discount tire direct. Can anyone suggest a good set?

thanks

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
I'm getting ready to pick up a brand new 2010 GT500 and will be using it as a daily driver here in the northeast. I would like to swap out the F1's for a set of all season tires to avoid the hassle of summer/snow tires. I cant seem to find a matching pair at either TireRack, Mavis or Discount tire direct. Can anyone suggest a good set?

thanks

The F1 All Season is the best choice....you may have to run the 275/40/18's on all 4 corners for the winter......awesome tire.....had them on my Mach1....great wet road grip with almost zero hydroplane.

Tire Specs for Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season

Let us know how she handles in the snow......lol

01GTvert

Established Member
all season tires aren't worth a crap. You'll have to get used to the idea of running 2 different sets for winter/summer to really enjoy the car.

some companies make a very good "winter" tire you can run most of the year and then swap for the summer/high perf months.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
all season tires aren't worth a crap. You'll have to get used to the idea of running 2 different sets for winter/summer to really enjoy the car.

some companies make a very good "winter" tire you can run most of the year and then swap for the summer/high perf months.

Agree 100%

1 tire that rocked on my Infiniti G-35 was the Brigestone Blizzak/WS-50's
I was passing SUV...No sh#$............

MongoCobra

Established Member
wound up getting the pirelli snow tires from tire rack. will probably do the winter/summer swap

Users who are viewing this thread