Please post up some 94-95 Cobra bumper pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
People kill me ..i haven't had mine four at least 4 years now but i posted some pics of it the other day on another web site and i have people saying its not a Cobra. They says that it should say COBRA and not MUSTANG on the bumper.
Help me out i can't find any pics. I'm sure someone on here has some.

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
94-95 Cobra's had just regular MUSTANG bumpers. The didn't have the COBRA embossed on them till 96. They kept that till 98. In 99, again they had MUSTANG, same goes for the 00 R

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Here is a link to one on ebay that shows the rear bumper....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

94rear.gif

On the link you can clearly see that it has an "M" on the bumper

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
navi243 said:
what did you have to do to the cobra trunk lid to make the s281 wing work

He probably just bought one for an SN95. They made SN95 S281s as well as the New Edge and S197s...

You should see the rest of his car. It's sexified.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
And when they see the pictures of the 94's and say its not a Cobra because it doesn't have an SVT badge on the trunk, 94's didn't have an SVT badge on the trunk. They started that in 95...

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Is it a Ricer forum...they dont know squat about muscle cars!! Hell, have them freakin google it...

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
ford_racer said:
He probably just bought one for an SN95. They made SN95 S281s as well as the New Edge and S197s...

You should see the rest of his car. It's sexified.

No, the holes don't line up because 94-5 cobras have the "Crab Claw" spoiler with built in brake lamp.... Notice I have no third brake light because it was in the original spoiler... In order to make the s-281 work on a cobra, the original holes have to be filled and new ones drilled...
Speaking of, I have an s-281 spoiler for 99-2000 if you know anyone..its new in the box...

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I have a 96 bumper ready for paint to go on, so mine will say "Cobra" just so I can put on the black chrome stainless "cobra" letters to match my wheels....

navi243

Established Member
Blown_By_You said:
No, the holes don't line up because 94-5 cobras have the "Crab Claw" spoiler with built in brake lamp.... Notice I have no third brake light because it was in the original spoiler... In order to make the s-281 work on a cobra, the original holes have to be filled and new ones drilled...
Speaking of, I have an s-281 spoiler for 99-2000 if you know anyone..its new in the box...

Thats exactly why I asked, thanks!!!

Has a cop ever pulled you over for not having a third brake light, or mentioned anything about not having it?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Try to find a trunk for a 94-95 cobra too......they are next near impossible to find since essentially only 10k cars came without the brake light in the trunklid. My buddy was hit in his 95 cobra and the trunk lid was destroyed.....they could not find another trunk, so took a 6 cyl and filled in the light.
Also:
94 Cobra...no SVT badge on the rear, 95+ had SVT badge
94 Mustangs....side skirts go straight after the front wheel, 95+ curve up after the front wheel

wldtang

Banned
Give your VIn and then they will believe you. A real cobra I believe has a a D in the vin. I will check mine.
94-95 had mustang the bumper.
95 has the svt badge on the trunk
94 has no front corner on the side skirt. 95 does.

Users who are viewing this thread