Please Tell Me this can be fixxed (door ding)

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Muther Trucking parking lot got Black Sunshine today, I am absolutely done drving this car anywhere I have to park it and leave it, I am so pissed, this happened on a AFB of all places, I am pissed offf! I had a ding on my Terminator paintless fixed and was amazed at how good it looked, this one looks like it might be in a very hard, if immpossible place to fix. Looks like a door edge just slammed into it, very minor if any scuffing though, hard to see in the pics but its right in the crease of the fender flare, very noticeable. Any hope, please tell me there is? What do you think guys? My car has only 900 miles on it, I am so so sad and mad at the same time.
dsc04500r.jpg

dsc04499o.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I would call a paintless dent removal.
Having my SVTF done Friday.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
I know, I actually walked out to the garage to start detailing the car and about freaked, I noticed it almost immediatly. I really am suprised I did not see it when it happened, today after lunch. I am really disapionted in the integrity of my fellow servcemembers/civillians, the culprit had to know they did it when it happened. I know when I see a nice car parked to me, i am twice as carefull about that kind of stuff, I guess others are just oblivious. Either way, I am going on a mission tommorw to the paintless guys. I am a little concered that they may not be abe to get to it. The only way I can see that the could get to it from behind is behind the lower side panel, but I am not sure if there is access throgh to the outer fender well through there, not even sure I know what kinda tricks those paintless guys have.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I know, I actually walked out to the garage to start detailing the car and about freaked, I noticed it almost immediatly. I really am suprised I did not see it when it happened, today after lunch. I am really disapionted in the integrity of my fellow servcemembers/civillians, the culprit had to know they did it when it happened. I know when I see a nice car parked to me, i am twice as carefull about that kind of stuff, I guess others are just oblivious. Either way, I am going on a mission tommorw to the paintless guys. I am a little concered that they may not be abe to get to it. The only way I can see that the could get to it from behind is behind the lower side panel, but I am not sure if there is access throgh to the outer fender well through there, not even sure I know what kinda tricks those paintless guys have.

no worries---anything can be fixed...shit even if you have to go into
the body shop for this repair $200 +/-

And for the record, accidents do happen..I.E. last year my 7 yr old pushed opened his door too quick and got a 350z real good. I left a note on the
windshield explaining what happened and leaving my cell #. owner called
me to say thanks and not to worry about the $$$$$$$$

g/l man!

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
It will require paint. Its on that crease and my buddies son did that same ding to his stang a couple weeks ago swapping tires.

It was blended and you can not tell it was fixed. If it was in a flat area then a paintless guy may have been able to fix it.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
It will require paint. Its on that crease and my buddies son did that same ding to his stang a couple weeks ago swapping tires.

It was blended and you can not tell it was fixed. If it was in a flat area then a paintless guy may have been able to fix it.

I guess it is going to be a matter of finding the right guy for the job, check this video out, it can be done on a body line, this dent is HUGE compared to the minor ding in mine. Again, I think getting to it is going to be the hardes part.
YouTube - M3 BMW Dent Repair Training Tutorial / Paintless Dent Removal PDR San Diego - Dent Time!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
With the *proper* PDR guy; that can be fixed.

My car had to have PDR work before I left the dealer, happened to get a really good guy in the area to take care of a factory roof panel defect.

GTRdone

Established Member
Best of luck with your fix. I know how you feel since my last car had 4 dings in it at one time.... ridiculous ass holes. I just passed 1000 miles on my 2010 yesterday. I F'in love this car.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Crisis Adverted, I had a PDR man take care of it for me today, I am very picky and I have to admit I can still see where it was at, but then again I know exactly where to look from all angles but looking up at it from the ground you can not see it, but he could not get underneath the dent without removing the wheel and drilling a pilot hole and I did not want him doing that, but 99% of people would not ever see it. 65$ is all the guy charged me, I am going to take my WS6 to him tommorow and let him work on a small ding on it. I have to say those PDR guys are like artist when it comes to this stuff.

2Sharpie

Established Member
Best way to fix it is to find the person who did it and slam their F'in head into the other side to even it out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread