Police Charger Hemi Interceptor

Lawman85

Banned
03CobraBro said:
They drove the shit out of their Z28's and 5.0 Notch Backs before that so I dont see why they'ed get bent out of shape over premium now. Hell they probably spend more on 87 driving those Crown Vics. Besides, all paying for premium means, is that they have to pull more people over to get the revenue they need to pay for gas. (odd how that works)

Yeah, that's how it works. We want faster cars so we make more traffic stops to pay for them...... moron.....

ChuckV, I, as well as most of the officers I work with, are excited about the stats on the Charger. We all have owned, or currently own, Dodges and have our reservations about quality. I have only had one issue with my wife's Durango in over a year, which is much less than I expected. Like wals9331 said, we beat the hell out of those c.v.'s and they keep ticking. The car I am currently assigned to has 54,000 miles on it and has been wrecked 5 times. It still drives great. I think if Dodge does it right then they can break into the market, but unfortunately they have to prove themselves to ALOT of people.

ChuckV

Established Member
I understand that. I just know that as a tax payer I'd be willing to pay more to put my LEOs in better vehicles, even if they did guzzle gas. Given you y'all drive your cars, I certainly understand your reservations about quality... and unless you dish out big bucks it's hard to find a high performance car that will hold up to whatever beating you throw at it.

jshen

Established Member
Why?

ChuckV said:
I dunno, based on my experience merging onto highways in my cars... if someone is going slower than you are very, very quickly, that's less time you need to spend accelerating. You know better than I do what the situation is, it's just in my experience less time spent accelerating=better gas mileage, especially with the extreme difference in power between these two cars. Based on all the test results I've seen, the CV is between 28 and 32 seconds to 100. I couldn't find figures up to 120, the only ones I found were "between 1.5 and 2 miles".

I guess my main question is, why aren't you more enthusiastic about this as a LEO? The performance of the Crown Vic is a joke. Looking up it's performance statistics on websites that list "closest competitors" brings up a list of base model economy cars. If a big part of my job was chasing down people going fast, I'd want a MUCH more capable vehicle. The braking power is particularly frightening. I've seen statistics between 140-165ft 60-0 quoted. That's just unacceptable, in my opinion. Given how close police officers often need to travel to the car infront of them, I think it's irresonsible for the state to permit vehicles with such terrible braking characteristics to be used. Would concerns over gas mileage REALLY result in the CV coming out ahead over the Charger? If so, why not switch out to Honda Accord V6 Hybrids. Cheaper than a Crown Vic, better gas-mileage by two or three times, mid 14s in the upper 90s vs mid 16s in the low 80s, 20-40ft better stopping distance from 60 depending on what figures you use. Handling is probably a wash. If I were you, I'd be demanding one of the many higher performance, safter, less expensive vehicles for use at your job. I'd back you up, as I'm sure any citizen knowledgable about cars would.

Ask the governrment butts who create "policy" that discourages/eliminates car chases. Those who have never occupied the position/job and those leftists who say it's...dangerous to others so let them get away...but what about the fleeing person...and the officer whose's life is at stake. The person feeling knows police policy in advance...

My belief...to those who knowingly endanger others by fleeing..by doing acts of violence against officers...a very quick sentence....one that was carried out quickly before 1965..........SHOOT the bastard! If clowns know this....they will not run....they will not resist.......From one with first hand experience................

Tackleberry......

Squeeler92

jshen said:
Ask the governrment butts who create "policy" that discourages/eliminates car chases. Those who have never occupied the position/job and those leftists who say it's...dangerous to others so let them get away...but what about the fleeing person...and the officer whose's life is at stake. The person feeling knows police policy in advance...

My belief...to those who knowingly endanger others by fleeing..by doing acts of violence against officers...a very quick sentence....one that was carried out quickly before 1965..........SHOOT the bastard! If clowns know this....they will not run....they will not resist.......From one with first hand experience................

Tackleberry......

I was watching some show (20/20 type show....) and they were talking about how the cops were to blame. Someone's parents actually blamed the cops for "pushing the criminal to go faster and caused an accident". Some BS like that. I can't believe how stupid some people are. If someone I loved was killed in a high speed chase...I would hunt the f*cker who was fleeing and kill him with my bare hands....blame the cops? They're just doing their job...if you're fleeing you probably have a goooood reason to....like a murderer or crack dealer. Now who's the real one to blame? God I hate people sometime...

03CobraBro

Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Yeah, that's how it works. We want faster cars so we make more traffic stops to pay for them...... moron.....

Editted by moderator for content.

Read the guidelines specific to THIS forum before posting again!

Last edited by a moderator:

67bigblock

Established Member
I saw a piece recently where Lamborghini (the company) gave the local cops a brand spanking new Lambo for a cop car. THis was in Italy.
Busted!

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
03CobraBro said:
.Editted by moderator for content.

Read the guidelines specific to THIS forum before posting again!

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Without cops you would be cryin because the car you drive the house you live in and your life would be in danger.Cops are just doing their jobs, we dont live in a utopia so there will always be a need for authority and someone to enforce it.

As for dodge tryin to build a cop car, I would much rather keep s CV. Dodges are the biggest POS's I have 2 good freinds that were in rollovers and almost died while driving a dodge. Dam front end on'em falls apart faster than the tires wear out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread