"Polished KB 2.2 for sale"

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
Well guys I have been dreading the day that I was going to have to sell the KB however the time has come. First of all, let me give you guys some information on the KB. It's a polished KB 2.2 that I bought from Andrew@ JDM Engineering about a year ago. I bought it from him with less then 3,000 miles on it and it made 630rwhp @19psi with all the bolton's on the previous owner's car.

I have had the supercharger sitting in my garage and it has never gone on the cobra. The plans were to put it on my cobra however some things came up.... (wife:cryying: ) and the rest is history. Anyhow I want to give the locals first crack at it so I posted it hear first. If I don't get a buyer here then I will post this on the "The Market" and Modular Fords for everyone else to get a chance at it.

I will negotiate and I am not in a hurry to sell however, I would like for someone to get this KB 2.2 of my hands. I will tell you that I bought it last year used and in mint condition for $2700.00 and it has never been taken out of the box it came in. I am not trying to make a profit on the KB because I know I am not however, I'm just trying to get back what I paid for it. Therefore, please remember guys I am reasonable person and I may go lower it just depends on the offer (no low ball offers please).

Lastly, please only serious inquiries reply. Again I would like for this KB to be sold to a local and be put on a car and make some good #'s. Right now it's just sitting in my garage and not being used for what it was meant for. Thanks for your interest and should you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM and it will be my pleasure to answer any questions you may have.:thumbsup:

-Benny-

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
ASSASSIN said:
Well guys I have been dreading the day that I was going to have to sell the KB however the time has come. First of all, let me give you guys some information on the KB. It's a polished KB 2.2 that I bought from Andrew@ JDM Engineering about a year ago. I bought it from him with less then 3,000 miles on it and it made 630rwhp @19psi with all the bolton's on the previous owner's car.

I have had the supercharger sitting in my garage and it has never gone on the cobra. The plans were to put it on my cobra however some things came up.... (wife:cryying: ) and the rest is history. Anyhow I want to give the locals first crack at it so I posted it hear first. If I don't get a buyer here then I will post this on the "The Market" and Modular Fords for everyone else to get a chance at it.

I will negotiate and I am not in a hurry to sell however, I would like for someone to get this KB 2.2 of my hands. I will tell you that I bought it last year used and in mint condition for $2700.00 and it has never been taken out of the box it came in. I am not trying to make a profit on the KB because I know I am not however, I'm just trying to get back what I paid for it. Therefore, please remember guys I am reasonable person and I may go lower it just depends on the offer (no low ball offers please).

Lastly, please only serious inquiries reply. Again I would like for this KB to be sold to a local and be put on a car and make some good #'s. Right now it's just sitting in my garage and not being used for what it was meant for. Thanks for your interest and should you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM and it will be my pleasure to answer any questions you may have.:thumbsup:

-Benny-
Do you know if that blower is CA emissions legal?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
KB's are 50 state legal
Kenne Bell is located in California also....

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
KB's are 50 state legal
Kenne Bell is located in California also....
sweettttt...

How does it honestly compare to a 140ax or 2.6H? Those are my other two choices on my list... I want the most power, most power under the curve, on pump gas and lowest boost... ie most efficient and least abuse on my motor.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
KB >>>>>> Whipple....for no other reason than looks and blower whine!

as for comparing the 2.2 against the other KB's, the 2.2 is more efficient between 16 and 21 psi....the larger KB's are better if you're going to spin the ever living bullshit out of it, but otherwise no

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
KB >>>>>> Whipple....for no other reason than looks and blower whine!

as for comparing the 2.2 against the other KB's, the 2.2 is more efficient between 16 and 21 psi....the larger KB's are better if you're going to spin the ever living bullshit out of it, but otherwise no
do they make a 2.2 or 2.4H?:shrug:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
don't think so, but call wally up at Strictly.....they sell/install/tune Kenne Bells all the time and he'd be able to tell you

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
STROKD said:
do they make a 2.2 or 2.4H?:shrug:

Jeremy will have a 3.4 whipple on his car very soon. Which will be good because we can see actual results from a local and not someone halfway across the country blasting about it on the internet.

I'll send you a pm Benny, I'm not in the market for one JUST yet but by end of summer I'll probably be looking.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Sheldon, get used to the car with the eaton on first.....no offense but i'd hate to see a beautiful car like yours all fuc*ed up

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
STROKD said:
Do you know if that blower is CA emissions legal?

Matt,

I PM you as well sorry for not replying sooner however I wanted to make sure that I answered your question correctly with facts and from the right source. Therefore, I e-mailed James@KB and this is what he told me.

Correct it is smog legal and if needed I can get a CARB E.O. number.

Thanks,
James

So he is getting me a CARB E.O. number and yes the KB 2.2 is C.A emissions legal. I hope this helps you out and if your're looking for a good deal let me know I will be more then happy to make you a good deal on this if you're interested.:thumbsup:

-Benny-

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Jeremy will have a 3.4 whipple on his car very soon. Which will be good because we can see actual results from a local and not someone halfway across the country blasting about it on the internet.

I'll send you a pm Benny, I'm not in the market for one JUST yet but by end of summer I'll probably be looking.

Sheldon,

Thats cool I hope I still have the KB by then because like I said I'm in no hurry to sell however, if I haven't sold it by then we can try to work something out:) Thanks again for the interest and just keep me posted when you're ready

-Benny-

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
Sheldon, get used to the car with the eaton on first.....no offense but i'd hate to see a beautiful car like yours all fuc*ed up

Now thats funny.... I know everyone gives Sheldon a hard time but hey maybe...when he gets the KB he might be a different driver and surprise everyone who knows.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:

I'd be able to tell you I beat a C6Z without LYING.

Wait...didn't you beat one without a port or spray?:thumbsup:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
yeah i did, it only had a filter on it but it was very nice to pull a car like that
i'm not knocking you AT ALL, just giving you the same advice i'd give anyone else.....baby steps, i don't know why so many people over look the fact that 600 rwhp is A LOT! i think most of us are de-sensitized by numbers like that but there is no way around it......get used to big power before you move to BIGGER power

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
yeah i did, it only had a filter on it but it was very nice to pull a car like that
i'm not knocking you AT ALL, just giving you the same advice i'd give anyone else.....baby steps, i don't know why so many people over look the fact that 600 rwhp is A LOT! i think most of us are de-sensitized by numbers like that but there is no way around it......get used to big power before you move to BIGGER power

If I do a KB it'll go with a solid rear and a wheel/tire to compensate for my stupidity.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
I'd be able to tell you I beat a C6Z without LYING.

Wait...didn't you beat one without a port or spray?:thumbsup:
I beat Andrew's bad ass C5Z with heads cam and full exhaust... it was only making 440 RW at the time though, its a touch faster now...

Still though, it's about the same power as a new C6Z.:rockon:

Had a few witnesses from here there too...:beer:

Andrew91GT

Established Member
STROKD said:
I beat Andrew's bad ass C5Z with heads cam and full exhaust... it was only making 440 RW at the time though, its a touch faster now...

Still though, it's about the same power as a new C6Z.:rockon:

Had a few witnesses from here there too...:beer:

What happened the second time we raced? ;)

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Andrew91GT said:
What happened the second time we raced? ;)
you beat me the shit out of me as I almost sideswiped you... Foof knows what my car does on the rubberbands in cold weather, we almost went off highway 30 at about 80 rear end first...:cuss:

I did a little better on the DRs you have to admit... you only picked up about 10-15 rwhp between the two races, not enough to swing 2-3 car win to a 5 car loss...:p :beer:

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:

You beat a c6z with just a pulley and stock eaton?
I love my cobra just as much as the next guy but you beat the driver if that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread