Poor Camaro

Formula51

Established Member
The only good looking 6th Gen Camaro is the ZL1 and the Vert. I have to admit, the Camaro looks darn good as a vert. Plus, not blind spot issues if you always drive with the top down, which I do.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Everyone complains about the interior, lol....mustang and camaro guys bitching about each other’s interior sound like two bums fighting over who’s cardboard box has the better ambience. We don’t buy these cars for the interior...

Kinda have to disagree with you there. This is 2019, I kinda expect better than the manufacturers base cheapo sedan as a basis of design/fit/finish for their ponycar or front runner. I love the C5 and C6 but goddamn, the cavalier/cobalt interior is a huge turnoff, and for that id never own one. I think the days of people not caring how the car felt on the inside are over, and that's probably why a bunch of people moved away from the domestics (especially domestic ponycars).

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Kinda have to disagree with you there. This is 2019, I kinda expect better than the manufacturers base cheapo sedan as a basis of design/fit/finish for their ponycar or front runner. I love the C5 and C6 but goddamn, the cavalier/cobalt interior is a huge turnoff, and for that id never own one. I think the days of people not caring how the car felt on the inside are over, and that's probably why a bunch of people moved away from the domestics (especially domestic ponycars).

but when it comes to both 6th gens (camaro and mustang) there is so much more to complain about, like their front fascias :D The interior in both cars has improved considerably over past generations, as it should have....

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
but when it comes to both 6th gens (camaro and mustang) there is so much more to complain about, like their front fascias :D The interior in both cars has improved considerably over past generations, as it should have....

So true. Neither are really stellar in terms of design, though id agree that the camaro is definitely back of the pack. I loved the S550 look when it first came out compared to S197 and seemed it was getting back to going in the right direction, but then the 18+ facelift was a step backwards into this lame duck look, but the cars saving grace IMO becomes the 10AT and the digital dash which is just tits imo. Strangely I find myself liking the 13-14's more now, if it werent for me being lazy/tired now all the time and not really wanting a manual for my next car, I dont think id be looking at newer mustangs at all.

jshen

Established Member
I just drove a 2017 SS for an upcoming video on my channel, and after spending some real time with it; it isn't bad! Blind spots are a real thing with it, but it's quick, shifts amazing (this one was the 8spd) and the interior is actually very nice compared to what I was expecting from reading online.

GM has had YEARS to fix the damn visibility issue and, just like the SS, have done nothing but waste money trying to sell Cadillac. With very limited inside room it has limited utility except as a second car...and with cars going up in astronomical pricing...I think that line will also fade from production.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A lot of soccer moms complaining about “blind” spots.... its a car ladies, learn its dimensions and use a little extra caution, 1-2 weeks of driving getting used to it and all is well.

I also thing the new camaro is much better looking than the new mustang.

jshen

Established Member
Honestly, sales across the entire pony car segment have been relatively poor for quite some time. Consumer interest has definitely shifted.

I agree- it has shifted! Cars has risen in price to a point where it is hard for the single person to justify buying one- if you have a home, family etc. where utility comes into focus. The astronomical prices of these cars relative to utility- forces out younger buyers who were originally (in the 1960s - 80's) the target buyer. Over the years- making these cars smaller, lower etc. has meant to me - no back seat usage whereas I could easily fit 4 in my 78 TransAm, 65 Mustang, and 5 in 67 Chevelle SS. For most of us now- these cars are a luxury item.

jshen

Established Member
A lot of soccer moms complaining about “blind” spots.... its a car ladies, learn its dimensions and use a little extra caution, 1-2 weeks of driving getting used to it and all is well.

I also thing the new camaro is much better looking than the new mustang.

One should not have "get used to blind spots". I consider this issue a known factory defect that GM has ignored. I think that is what hacks me off more- I do like the car but to me..it is a collision waiting to happen. I am surprised someone has not filed a class action suit against GM..

Telling a judge- after a collision- you could not see because of a blind spot- is not a legal excuse. I have heard it many times before- and it is a losing argument.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
One should not have "get used to blind spots". I consider this issue a known factory defect that GM has ignored. I think that is what hacks me off more- I do like the car but to me..it is a collision waiting to happen. I am surprised someone has not filed a class action suit against GM..

Telling a judge- after a collision- you could not see because of a blind spot- is not a legal excuse. I have heard it many times before- and it is a losing argument.

4yrs and no collisions yet on mine. Just look before you switch lanes and put down the phone. Very simple to get used to

jshen

Established Member
With sales lagging..I hope GM will "get with the program" fix the issues and push on the other two car makers here...Competition is what keeps innovation going..I remember the God awful years of the late 70s, 80s where 180 hp "muscle" cars were top dog!...I remember driving GF's IROC Camaro around...terrible performance...but fun!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Sure you do.... just like you would adapt driving a FORD GT or Lambo, but to a much smaller degree. Drove mine for a couple of years like that, no issue. Much more comfortable than my 14’ Shelby too.

Lmao @ the “class action suit”... that is exactly the type of thought process that has this newer generation in the shitter.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I had a magnum, a suburban, and MRX, and a lot of near misses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
4yrs and no collisions yet on mine. Just look before you switch lanes and put down the phone. Very simple to get used to

Very simple indeed. Very funny to hear “car guys” admit that their driving skills does not allow them to learn the dimensions of a car that does not look like a fish bowl.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
58A6DBEB-819F-42F2-94F0-B107B1689CE5.gif

Users who are viewing this thread