Porrted Boss w/E85 VS CJ & E85

okc12silvergt

Established Member
Ok I need some opinions on deciding what to do next on my car. I have full exhaust Boss intake and tune currently. I have 47lb/hr injectors ready to go in to run E85; I am just waiting to put them in before I decide and have to waste a $200 on a tune. Should I

A. port my boss run E85
B. Buy full CJ intake setup and run E85 on it

Opinions?

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
^^^Yes that or stick with Boss and tune for E85...Gains with CJ manifold over E85 tuned Boss setup are marginal.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Essentially a guy with CJ setup and catless X (stock headers) versus a guy with Boss setup and LT's will be a dead even race...With similar drivers/skill...I'd spend the money on LT's combined with Boss setup that's a pretty effective combo...

mhyjek

Established Member
Port the boss, get off-road pipe and tune and injectors if you don't have them already call it a day. Headers and CJ might net you 15 more hp and 20 Tq but for $ not worth the hassle

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
But the CJ also negated the small loss of Tq. I'd like to see the graphs overlaid to see what the power under the curve looks like and see where else it gained besides peak numbers.

The thread that I posted shows that the CJ gained midrange over the boss on HP and TQ.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
But the CJ also negated the small loss of Tq. I'd like to see the graphs overlaid to see what the power under the curve looks like and see where else it gained besides peak numbers.

And by small you mean an amount that even the butt dyno won't notice lol...I'm just saying that if you've already got the Boss setup, then build off that and don't spend the $1500+ for the CJ. Not worth it IMO for a couple whp here and there, and marginal amount of torque gained. Like I said above, the guy with CJ and stock headers(with catless X) versus the Boss with LT's will be a VERY close race, with Boss/LT's possibly pulling ahead.

OneSlowV

Established Member
I just installed my CJ intake i have cat deletes no headers. And the thing pulls like a freight train. Been in a few boss cars didn't have the get up and go as my CJ car.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Your not going to realize the full potential of the CJ setup unless you get better heads and cams. If you don't do that, it's a waste of money.

Users who are viewing this thread