Porsche 919 hybrid faster then a f1 car

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
These LeMans prototypes have been getting closer and closer the last few years, the straightline speed they have had, now they have the corner speeds too...Amazing!

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
FIA always manages to screw up a great thing (and usually because of Porsche!)

can am- RIP, thanks 917/30!
Group C- RIP, thanks 956/962!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
@AustinJ427 you see this?

WOW.

Yeah I heard about it yesterday. Pretty damn insane that there is nothing that will go around that track quicker than that car lol.

Well done Porsche, all with a small V4.

Pick your poison.

Don't forget the electric motors!

This record might fall this year, the F1 cars have broken records at both tracks they have run at this year. The only thing I'm not sure about is if they will have the top end to compete with this car, they hit 359kph which is like 40 more than the F1 cars did last year. The cornering speed of the formula cars is stupidly insane though, this is very much our version of the spec miata vs mustang lol.

I'm calling it now, Lewis Hamilton runs a 1:41.3 in qualifying.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah I heard about it yesterday. Pretty damn insane that there is nothing that will go around that track quicker than that car lol.

They're saying it will easily go sub 6's at the Ring.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Would be awesome.

It'd be sweet if Porsche dropped $100mil and ran it at every major track world wide and killed every lap record haha
Haha yeah.

It would be good PR, you don't need to share the spotlight during a race if you get beat by one of those pesky Toyotas.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Haha yeah.

It would be good PR, you don't need to share the spotlight during a race if you get beat by one of those pesky Toyotas.

Surely, doing that for a year, wouldn't cost them any more than participating in the race series.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
It's sad to see LMP1 fall apart. Was a great but very brief era. Hybrid Turbo diesel V6 vs. hybrid gas turbo V4 vs. hybrid gas NA V8.

Tough to justify the absolutely mammoth expenditures required to win these days, and even when people do it, the FIA will find a way to **** it up. Oh well, got to witness it cross the line first 3 straight years at Le Mans...

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
If you read the article closely the lmp car isn’t restricted like it is typically in a race. If f1 car had not restrictions either it would be faster. F1 car is lighter and more aerodynamic.

This, it was unrestricted. If you didn't have to worry about the fuel consumption limits and turned the F1 car up to 11 too it would be faster.

Coiled03

Established Member
This, it was unrestricted. If you didn't have to worry about the fuel consumption limits and turned the F1 car up to 11 too it would be faster.

Doubtful. They don't build in unused potential. If you tried to remove the "restrictions", something would break most likely.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doubtful. They don't build in unused potential. If you tried to remove the "restrictions", something would break most likely.

I don't think so. Remove the restrictions on the F1 cars, they will go faster.

Users who are viewing this thread