Porsche 919 hybrid faster then a f1 car

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't think so. Remove the restrictions on the F1 cars, they will go faster.

What restrictions do you think they're using?

They're designed to use 10/10ths of the rules. Nothing more, and nothing less. Saying that lifting the restrictions would allow them to go faster implies they over-designed somewhere, or left potential on the table. That's not something F1 designers do. Read Adrian Newey's book How to Build a Race Car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
RPM's are limited, fuel flow rate, fuel injection pressure, etc.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The cars are limited to 3 power units per year. They have a kill setting that they could turn on to rip off an impossibly fast lap, but they won't use it during the race unless absolutely necessary because it will degrade the engine.

There is an interesting balancing act that they are trying to play with this year. Save your engine for 1/3 of the year, but go as fast as you can during that time.

I bet the "party mode" in the Mercedes would break this record.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The cars are limited to 3 power units per year. They have a kill setting that they could turn on to rip off an impossibly fast lap, but they won't use it during the race unless absolutely necessary because it will degrade the engine.

There is an interesting balancing act that they are trying to play with this year. Save your engine for 1/3 of the year, but go as fast as you can during that time.

I bet the "party mode" in the Mercedes would break this record.

Agreed. F1 cars are limited in the sense of engine conservation, teams don't like starting from the back of the grid for replacing a power plant. F1 is another sport the FIA is trying its damnedest to ruin. I would love to see the return of V8s, V10s and teams be done with this nerfed up aero on the F1 cars...They look downright cartoonish and sound the part too. Those last couple of years of the V10s were the fastest cars and that was on dodgy grooved tires. Those cars today on current slicks would be something to see!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread