port eaton or nos

• port eaton

Votes: 183 73.5%
  • nos

Votes: 66 26.5%

• Total voters

davidsk5018

Established Member
I have a both, as you can see from my sig...I didn't see the expected gains from the ported blower. Only had 475 HP without nitrous, even with the port. I suppose it could have been the dyno, but I was a bit dissapointed. I told Mike at Murillo Motorsports and he said that all the ported eatons he had tuned had actually lost power...he didn't know why. But, with a 75 dry shot, the fuel pumps and injectors were fine.

03RedCobra

Established Member
davidsk5018 said:
I told Mike at Murillo Motorsports and he said that all the ported eatons he had tuned had actually lost power...he didn't know why.

Well, then Mike is apparently not tuning them right, because mine CERTAINLY gained HP and torque with porting out the blower !! I'm 506-hp/472-torque with the ported blower and just 2.93 upper pulley. Certainly couldn't get that with an unported Eaton !!

davidsk5018

Established Member
03RedCobra said:
Well, then Mike is apparently not tuning them right, because mine CERTAINLY gained HP and torque with porting out the blower !! I'm 506-hp/472-torque with the ported blower and just 2.93 upper pulley. Certainly couldn't get that with an unported Eaton !!

Yeah, well...I hope that is not the case. He has quite a reputation for being a great tuner. I made 475 hp/ 525 torque with the port. Its not that far off I suppose. Yeah, you made good numbers. Add a 50 shot and that torque will go through the roof----> I made 600 torque with the 75 shot.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
davidsk5018 said:
I have a both, as you can see from my sig...I didn't see the expected gains from the ported blower. Only had 475 HP without nitrous, even with the port. I suppose it could have been the dyno, but I was a bit dissapointed. I told Mike at Murillo Motorsports and he said that all the ported eatons he had tuned had actually lost power.

Man you said it here!! I just had my blower ported and supporting mods put on and tuned....man what a waste! 469 at the wheels :cuss: All that money for about 22 RWHP!!! Now I wish I had just put it towards a whipple!!

davidsk5018

Established Member
Yeah, 469 seems low. Everyone seems to think that it is the tuner, but I know that is not the case. I have seen some over 500 with a port, but it could be the dyno...they can vary widely on HP numbers. I don't know what to say, except you might consider adding a shot of nitrous, like a 50/75 shot to help those numbers. With NOS, 540 hp and 600 torque. That is more like it....

davidsk5018

Established Member
davidsk5018 said:
Yeah, well...I hope that is not the case. He has quite a reputation for being a great tuner. I made 475 hp/ 525 torque with the port. Its not that far off I suppose. Yeah, you made good numbers. Add a 50 shot and that torque will go through the roof----> I made 600 torque with the 75 shot.

I was just sitting here, and I remembered that when I had the car tuned, he put the weight as 4000 lbs into the computer. I know that that is an overstatement. How much will this affect the numbers? My numbers were a little low, and I thought this might have something to do with it. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thx, Dave

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
He did the same thing with mine! He loaded me up up so my final numbers where 480RWHP/495TQ...he said the unloaded numbers where like 525! He uses a mustang dyno.

RixSikcobra04

Definitely both. Made 663rwhp and 652 rwtq with a 150 shot. Used the 175 fuel jet for safety purposes and still made the advertised hp. I just annihilate cars when sprayin'. Pulled on my boys 03 with a KB boostin' 18lbs. Kb's will get me in the end, but the torque from the spray is unparralled in my opinion for short bursts and 1/4's.

dakota318

Banned
Dont worry about dyno numbers... Take it to the track and see what your MPH does, that will be your result.

One thing, what are the chances of the nitrous not getting mixed evenly on the way into the intake runners and running one or more cylinders leaner than another?? I think I would be more concerned though about people running wet shots, and the fuel not mixing well enough really.

Last edited by a moderator:

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
The deciding factor for me would be that the port is always "on," the spray isn't. Personally, I would port first just for this reason. I mean, you'll use the port more than you will the spray.

Users who are viewing this thread