port eaton or nos

• port eaton

Votes: 183 73.5%
  • nos

Votes: 66 26.5%

• Total voters

03phil

Established Member
What should my next mod be? I`m thinking nos but can`t decide need some opinions Thanks

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
Go with both :burnout: . I yielded about 30hp across the board from 4800rpm to 6300rpm with the apten port. Torque was about the same (500). Definetly was worth the money IMO. Should yield you about 1 to 2 mph in the 1/4 and give you that extra umph to put it past any other bolt on Cobra.

I just got back from the dyno.

I have

BBK LT's
Short O/R H
Magnaflo Catback
Steeda CAI
2.80 pulley
Apten Second gen port

Car made 513hp and 500tq.

Even though peak tq wasn't raised it held almost 25-30 foot pounds more from 4800rpm to 6200rpm than opposed to the stock blower :eek: I was certainly impressed. Tried to make a N20 pass at 3500rpm and the clutch didn't like it :( . So hit it at about 4800rpm (so it wouldn't slip as much) and it still made 626hp and 570tq :coolman: N20 is a NX wet kit 100 shot jets. My 2 cents is go with the blower you won't regret it.

Last edited:

rACeRs

Established Member
Do both, but if you can only afford 1 right now I would do the ported blower first. Its always on and you dont have to fill it up:D

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I have the same problem, ported blower or nos??? The blower cost more, but is always there.... decisions/decisions

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Well, 1st you need to address your traction problems...lol. Then, nothing will give you a SOTP thrill like N20 will. Yeah, the ported blower is cool but it isn't gonna give you 5+ tenths and MPH like the juice will.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
03phil said:
What should my next mod be? I`m thinking nos but can`t decide need some opinions Thanks

Ported blower or nitrous?? Both, duh!! :rockon:

By the way:

NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems (a division of Holley Performance)
N2O = Nitrous Oxide

NOS is a company, not the gas itself. :thumbsup:

P.S. If I had to choose, it would be ported blower without a second thought. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
By the way:

NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems (a division of Holley Performance)
N2O = Nitrous Oxide

Do you remind people that Kleenex is actually facial tissue as well? :burn:

J/K, just don't know why people are so compelled to state the above. :bored:

David

Juiced-03

Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:
Do you remind people that Kleenex is actually facial tissue as well? :burn:

J/K, just don't know why people are so compelled to state the above. :bored:

David

heheb

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The juice will yield much bigger power gains depending on what shot you would use. It would be the least expensive route, too. However, a better long-term route to take if you're sticking with the Eaton (vs. a Whipple or KB) would be to port the Eaton and add a 4 lb. lower. Then add the juice. As mentioned above, juice is only good if your bottle is full. A ported blower makes power all the time. But remember if you're looking to make more power AND more torque you're going to have to add that lower crank pulley because you won't see much torque gain at all (some even lose torque) with the ported blower.

drohan8592

Established Member
racers, are you running stock injectors with your nitrous ? i'm looking at a very similar set up and i was wondering if a boost a pump will be enough.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
drohan8592 said:
racers, are you running stock injectors with your nitrous ? i'm looking at a very similar set up and i was wondering if a boost a pump will be enough.
You will need a boost a pump to hold the line pressure if you use a wet shot. Not to sure about a dry shot but I definetly wouldn't push my luck.

rACeRs

Established Member
drohan8592 said:

Stock injectors with the bap works good on my car :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread