Port eaton or tvs blower

Juniorg929

Established Member
Hi guys I have an 03 terminator with 7,000 original miles. Looking to make 13-14 lbs of boost bassani x pipe Jlt ram air and tune. Can't decide if I should Steggie port the blower or spring for the tvs. I would like to make 500 rwhp. I keep hearing about the heat the eatons put off that will then make the computer take timing out of the engine and etc .. Then if I decide to make more upgrades I would go with the tvs down the road. I guess my question is if I port the stock blower and run at 14 psi vs the tvs at 14 psi is the tvs going to perform that much better?

oldmodman

Established Member
If you can afford it get the TVS. Since you only want to make such low boost you can underspin it, make the boost, less drag on the engine and much lower intake manifold temperatures.

Then you will have an excellent platform for further upgrades in the future. At that point you can put some money into a fuel system to handle higher boost and only have to change the pulley on the TVS to get that higher boost. And only after you turn the boost up will you need to worry about a bigger, more efficient heat exchanger or springing for a Killer Chiller.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
If your only shooting for 500hp, then I say port all the way. Better yet buy a used one in the market and sell yours and have less than 1k tied up into it.

No sense in spending 3k+ to only make 500hp.

Another option would be to port the blower and add a killer chiller setup to keep the IAT2's down.

Juniorg929

Established Member
I'm kinda leaning toward the tvs oldmodman beacuse u are right it's a great platform for future upgrades. As far as the throttle body and maf and injectors and fuel pumps go do I need to go larger if I plan on 13-14 psi?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
so many guys on here over the years have said that if they had to do it over again they would have skipped porting the eaton and gone straight to a bigger blower

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Don't waste your money on a port if you plan to go TVS in the near future..

The TVS will obviously perform better. Skip the port, get a TVS.

Woody6799

Established Member
It really depends on what you want... I have the TVS with a gt500 tb and its alot of fun, but the only thing I don't like is the absent low end torque. I have the 3" pulley and long tubes so I am seeing about 17# of boost but I feel like my Stegi Eaton hit harder under 3k rpms. Over that, the TVS eats it for breakfast but I kinda miss that immediate pep. Truth be told I also have traction issues so that could add to my dilemma as well. I am trying to do some research into getting the tq to his sooner on the TVS but I haven't found an answer I like yet.

Before going TVS though I heavily considered adding a 100 shot to my set up. Many, many guys raved that a 100 shot on a ported Eaton was a blast to drive. If I had decently easy access to N02 where I live I may have gone that route.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
You think you only want 500 until you have it, then you'll just want more. In reality my car is already stupid fast based on any normal logic, but I still want more. Get the TVS or a Whipple.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
It really depends on what you want... I have the TVS with a gt500 tb and its alot of fun, but the only thing I don't like is the absent low end torque. I have the 3" pulley and long tubes so I am seeing about 17# of boost but I feel like my Stegi Eaton hit harder under 3k rpms. Over that, the TVS eats it for breakfast but I kinda miss that immediate pep. Truth be told I also have traction issues so that could add to my dilemma as well. I am trying to do some research into getting the tq to his sooner on the TVS but I haven't found an answer I like yet.

Before going TVS though I heavily considered adding a 100 shot to my set up. Many, many guys raved that a 100 shot on a ported Eaton was a blast to drive. If I had decently easy access to N02 where I live I may have gone that route.

What lower are you running? stock?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
You think you only want 500 until you have it, then you'll just want more.

It never ends no matter how much power you have.....

You need to spin that blower harder, the torque will come with it.

Yup under spinning a blower makes no torque and is not fun to drive. I never recommend a bigger blower than you want and under spinning it. A smaller blower spun properly is way more fun to drive at the same HP levels.

Users who are viewing this thread