Portable garage

jaxbusa

Established Member
I have two jet skis on a trailer that sit outside and are showing signs of sun fading and mildew . I keep them covered with a tight fitting canvas material made for them but moisture goes under it and it doesn’t cover the bottom of the hull. I don’t have garage space and was thinking about a portable garage. I attached an image below. Are these garbage? Will it hold up or should I just buy a big tarp and place over the jet skis and trailer?
IMG_1510.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jaxbusa

Established Member
A person I know got a steel carport and had the sides covered, which is what I would do, and it ran him around $3,000. Not what I had in mind. The shipping container isn’t wide enough with the tandem ski trailer.

I should also add that I’m not a big fan of the jet skis and just got them because my wife really wanted them. I’m hoping that she’ll lose interest in them soon so we can sell them. Therefore, I’m not willing to invest thousands of dollars on a shelter that I’ll never use when we get rid of the skis.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I did my own garage floor and saved about $2000 wasn't hard, just took about two weeks to cure.
1373d34cd8a43a497693d9cab6cc8e17.jpg
1424635c2418b6a70243a4646228f5ab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DVan8504

Established Member
I had a smaller version of the structure shown in the original post to cover my riding mower and a garden cart. I only used it for one year before selling that house, but it was doing just fine. I'd give it a chance especially given your requirements. If you do buy one, and it comes with ground anchors you have to twist into ground, do yourself a favor and just buy big tent spikes you can hammer into the ground instead.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a smaller version of the structure shown in the original purpose to cover my riding mower and a garden cart. I only used it for one year before selling that house, but it was doing just fine. I'd give it a chance especially given your requirements. If you do buy one, and it comes with ground anchors you have to twist into ground, do yourself a favor and just buy big tent spikes you can hammer into the ground instead.

I install dnone of the portable garages at my sister's house in the back yard.
We built the garage, paved the area, then moved the garage on to the paved area. All the poles sunk into the pavement a bit. Then I dug some holes for the anchors and filled with concrete.

Users who are viewing this thread