Ported blower question

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't tell you with their porting, but a Steigemier ported blower with a 2.7 will make around 14.5 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I made 13.5 psi with a Steigemier port and a 2.76 upper and an Accufab single blade TB and plenum. Went to a 2.93 upper with a 4 lb lower and made 17.5 psi. I've seen it crack 18 psi on a chilly morning.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Anywhere from 14 to 16.5. It seems to vary quite a bit. I've heard their ports are average at best, so I would expect to be on the low end of that
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that a ported blower will lower boost from better efficiency? So wouldn't a lacking port technically make more boost?

Side note, I run a 3.1upper 8# lower and make just over 16#'s

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
You don't gain boost with porting. The blower will be more efficient thou.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your exhaust setup will affect boost, as well. Headers, cams, heads, for example, will increase power but may lower the boost a bit, due to the increased breathing capability. With my ported Eaton and a 2.80 upper/Accufab TB/Plenum, factory exhaust manifold, aftermarket X-pipe and catback I made just over 14 lbs. boost.

big dad

Established Member
I have a Apten ported blower intake elbow and T-body with a 2.8 upper only and Borla stingers. Made one pull this Saturday at Tim Barths shop to load a new tuner and it indicated 13.2 lbs of boost and 512rwhp. I believe your elevation can also affect your boost numbers. In my area it's about 1000ft., the closer you get to sea level the higher the boost.

jokerzL

Established Member
Let's get some things ironed it here first. Porting the inlet and outside side of the blower allows the blower to move more in and out into the area of pressure raising boost. Blower moves more air boost goes up. Add more pulley boost can go up.Now we all know boost isn't relative to a pulley a combo. Boost is a measure of restriction. Exhaust, cams, heads , cats , porting post supercharger rotors (not the outlet of the blower) will all reduce this restriction creating less boost. Now elevation and temperature and other weather. all this stuff can effect boost on a daily day to day driven car. 32Fone day may produce 1-2 more lbs then on a 75F degree day because the air is denser. So asking how much boost am I making based on your pulley combo isn't a apples to apples comparison when you post up online and a guy from Houston and a guy from New Mexico ring in. You can get a general idea of what you could or should be making but it's not a general ruling and gospel.

To the guy who said my ports are average at best. 7 of the top ten V's(cts) in the country are running my 1.9 lsa ported blower. Just saying. Over 85 lsa cars in the 9s. Over 600 blowers done in 2 years. If I'm average I'd say it's damn good high average.

Users who are viewing this thread