Ported Eaton horsepower thread

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Who would you recommend Bob? Years ago I had Lund tune my last Cobra but he’s more into Coyotes now it seems. Currently waiting on a start up tune from Second Street Speed in Perkasie which a follow cobra owner recommended.
There are a few guys on here that remote tune. Very good at it too. 04Sleeper and MalcolmV8 I believe are a couple of the guys who know our cars very well for tuning.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
Port: Steggy Stage 8
Pulley: 2.8 JDM upper
Boost: I don't know.. whatever a stock lower and a 2.8 upper makes!
Compression: ? (starting to feel uninformed)
Ported heads: No
Ported lower: No
Exhaust: Stock Manifolds, Magnaflow w/catted x
Intake: JLT CAI, Ported Accufab throttle body and ported aluminum plenum
Cams: Stock
MAF: Stock
Killer Chiller: No
Heat Exchanger: Stock
Fuel: 91 (that's all we get in Denver)
Fuel System: Stock
Horsepower/Torque
507hp/518tq

View attachment 1486344

Holy Moly on stock fuel system thats damn good

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Whos port/stage: Johnny's? According to the guy I bought it from.
Pulley combo:
528599A5-E14D-4F5F-BABE-77CEB79F259A.jpeg
2.93/4#
How much boost:16
Compression: Stock
Ported Heads/bigger valves/flow numbers: Stock
Ported lower: Stock
Exhaust: Bassani Mid Length Headers/Bassani Hi Flow Catted X Bassani Cat back
Plenum/tb/ported: Dragon Ported plenum. Dragon TB
CAI: Unknown CAI
Cams: Stock
MAF: BA2600
Heat Exchanger/fans: Afco
Meth/E85/Octane: 93
Fuel system upgrades: KB BAP 60# injectors

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nothing there is going to help pinpoint who did the port. Nice mods and very decent numbers. No identifiers on the blower case?

Last edited:

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Hey Bob. Just checked, it has JPS etched into the case.

Maybe Johnny porting services?

I just tried a google search and couldn't find anything,

Thanks. I’m very happy with the numbers, and it’s a very safe tune.
Tony is a great guy to work with.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not sure he is still porting blowers. His Facebook page doesn't work. Anyway, yes, I'd bet that the etched JPS is Johnnie's Porting Service. His ports were great. He was given permission by Posi to use his port design, so a JPS port is pretty much the same as a Posi port.

Goocher0310th

Established Member
I'm not sure he is still porting blowers. His Facebook page doesn't work. Anyway, yes, I'd bet that the etched JPS is Johnnie's Porting Service. His ports were great. He was given permission by Posi to use his port design, so a JPS port is pretty much the same as a Posi port.
Very exciting. That makes me real happy knowing it’s basically a posi port.

Thanks for the info Bob

alchemy

Established Member
Whos port/stage: Steggy stage 1? 2004
Pulley combo: 2.76
How much boost: 13-15
Compression: stock
Ported Heads/bigger valves/flow numbers: No
Exhaust: Bassani x pipe / Bassani catback
Plenum/tb/ported: Steggy ported plenum and TB
CAI: Densecharger CAI lol
Cams: stock
MAF: SCT BA2400
Heat Exchanger/fans: LFP HE no fans
Meth/E85/Octane: 93
Fuel system upgrades: 60 # siemens deka
Spark plugs: NGK TR6 gapped .032

RWHP/TQ numbers 501.9HP 489.7 TQ
Tuned by Rick at Amazon racing

Attachments

• DYNO 2005.jpg
    DYNO 2005.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 58

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those numbers are a bit fat seeing that it was a Mustang Dyno. Your Cobra? And judging by the date of 2004, that should be a Stage 1 port.

alchemy

Established Member
Those numbers are a bit fat seeing that it was a Mustang Dyno. Your Cobra? And judging by the date of 2004, that should be a Stage 1 port.
Bob, Yes it's my cobra. I will have owned it 20 years on June 26 2022. :) Sadly it only has 52k miles.
I thought the numbers were high when I was there. I went to Performance Dyno's old shop in town for a dyno day in 2006 and the numbers were close. Only change to the car between runs was Denso plugs which were immediately replaced with TR6 plugs.
The CAI and catback are currently getting changed. Going to Performance Dyno for a new tune and I will post updates when completed.

Attachments

• DYNO--2006.jpg
    DYNO--2006.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 64

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So Pete will be tuning it? That's awesome. He's a great tuner, and Performance Dyno is a great shop. So you're the original owner. I sometimes wonder how many original owners are out there. By the way, Rick from Amazon Tuning tuned my old '03 Cobra. This was before I ported the blower through Apten (a Steggy port, one of the first). I made 459rwhp and 480rwtq (SAE) with a 2.90 upper, Accufab TB, intake, and exhaust. Pretty good back then.

alchemy

Established Member
So Pete will be tuning it? That's awesome. He's a great tuner, and Performance Dyno is a great shop. So you're the original owner. I sometimes wonder how many original owners are out there. By the way, Rick from Amazon Tuning tuned my old '03 Cobra. This was before I ported the blower through Apten (a Steggy port, one of the first). I made 459rwhp and 480rwtq (SAE) with a 2.90 upper, Accufab TB, intake, and exhaust. Pretty good back then.
Pete it a great tuner and I am very excited to have him do it! I live on the main road near his shop and have had the pleasure of hearing some pretty wicked vehicles go by on test runs! Yup, original owner and don't plan on selling it. It represents a moment in the past that I love to reminisce about. Before wife, kids and lack of freedom. LOL. I love being a dad and the trade offs has been worth it!
There are a few original owners left, but the pull for technology and more power is strong! Terminators are getting big $ now and it is easy to see why an owner would part ways with the old tech.
Yeah, I remember Apten. I was set to place an order with them, but figured I would call Bob @ stiegemeier to get more info. He said that he could do the port faster and for less $. I believe he said that they were taking over porting for Apten, but don't quote me on that.
Your numbers were great considering it was a port with a 2.9 upper with basic mods. I have toyed with getting a new updated port from steggy, but a whipple is on my radar. It's only money!
I finally am gaining more free time, so maybe I can log some more smiles in the Cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually, it was always my understanding that Apten used Bob S. for porting. I know for a fact that when I contracted my porting with Apten that the actual work (porting and polishing) was done by Steggy.

I understand how your Cobra feels extra special because it represents a special moment in time. Add to that the extra smile knowing you're the original owner vs. having bought it used.

I would definitely write off doing an updated port from Steggy. You're not going to see a big enough difference in power/torque to justify the cost IMO. I like your Whipple goal MUCH better. Yeah, it would mean additional money for supporting fuel mods, but done right and tuned by Pete, you'll be so much happier.

Have a great rest of the day.

Bob

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
PRIOR to the port job and pulley changes, I made 470wh / 484wt on a 2.8 upper only. **New Tune coming soon.**

Whos port/stage: Steggy Stage 8
Pulley combo: 2.76 upper / 4lb lower
How much boost: 13-15
Compression: stock
Ported Heads/bigger valves/flow numbers: No
Exhaust: Bassani x pipe / Borla Stinger catback
Plenum/tb/ported: Dragon Plenum/TB
CAI: JLT Raim Air
Cams: stock
MAF: stock
Heat Exchanger/fans: LFP HE
Meth/E85/Octane: 93 + Octanium (23 degrees of timing)
Fuel system upgrades: Stock with 40amp BAP
Spark plugs: NGK TR6 gapped .032

I'll post an update....I'm probably low 500s hp and mid 500s torque now.

Users who are viewing this thread