ported eaton question

lvgolfer962

Established Member
what do you mean by handle more power?

It will make more power when it gets spun harder, but the stock rods are still going to be your biggest breaking point (450 on up is when they seem to fail)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It will add more power but the motor itself like mentioned above is the weak point.

BuckeyeLightnin

Established Member
what cause them to go? is it from getting hot that make them weak or is it from too much pressure.....sorry for the dumb questions...kinda new to this stuff

4a7191a

Established Member
ford went cheap on them. unlike the 03-04 cobras. they snap and bend and like to put speed holes in the block. get a built motor. im sure since your new you may want to do most bolt on's. i perfer the 4lb lower, some people like the 6lb. im sure everyone agrees that a valvebody is an awesome mod. look up punisher VB. these trucks can be very fun, just watch the abuse or youll be working a second job.

BuckeyeLightnin

Established Member
well when i bought the truck it already had bolt-ons and he didnt know of them...from what me and my tuner figure it came with 6# lower, idler, valve body, drop in k&n...not reall sure if there is anything else everything else looks stock

SVT_LIGHTNING01

Established Member
A port is perfectly safe if the motor isn't already hurt to begin with and by getting a dyno tune from a reputable tuner. I have a Posi port on my truck and i went from 379rwhp to 440rwhp with a posi performance port and a killer chiller system nothing more. They can be a great mod that doesn't break the bank but if you have high miles or don't know or trust a tuner i wouldn't advise it.

Users who are viewing this thread