Ported Heads and Cams Results *PART 1*

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
I say part one cause I only got the heads, but I do have flow numbers for them as well as the cam specs. This work was done completly by LM Engines. They also ported my blower as well...

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Stay tuned for part 2, it will come next week sometime when my car is reassembled then tuned.

Mods to be added:

Ported Heads, Cams, Ported Blower, Port Matched Upper manifold, 95mm MAF, Billetflow Throttle Body and Plenum, 55lb Injectors, Focus Fuel Pumps, Diamond 15cc dish pistons, Block bored .020 over, and tune by Kauffmans using the EFI Flash.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I cant wait for your dyno numbers because I have no idea how to read that and what it means lol

predator

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
I cant wait for your dyno numbers because I have no idea how to read that and what it means lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: You gotta love honesty. I don't really understand the first chart either...except that the numbers get better with the stage1. The pictures are where I excel! I like pictures!! :rockon: What I am interested to see is how all of this translates when everything finally comes together on the dyno. I think it is going to be very impressive. :thumbsup:

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by lRageATMl
Stay tuned for part 2, it will come next week sometime when my car is reassembled then tuned.

Mods to be added:

Ported Heads, Cams, Ported Blower, Port Matched Upper manifold, 95mm MAF, Billetflow Throttle Body and Plenum, 55lb Injectors, Focus Fuel Pumps, Diamond 15cc dish pistons, Block bored .020 over, and tune by Kauffmans using the EFI Flash.

Have you had any tuning experience with Kauffmans? If so what are your impressions?

Thanks

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Now were talking

Whats going on here kids? J/K I love the sound of tearing into this engine to make them more powerful. Are you getting the stock heads ported? Are you changing rockers also? What are the excepted gains and prices?

beabout

Established Member
Cool beans on those flow numbers...

Off topic: Coleman did you get your motor together yet??

coleman

Established Member
lRageATMl, i wanted to but, $1K per head + 10 weeks scared me away :chicken:
capello: two weeks...

don't worry, i'll let everyone know when i get my car back :thumbsup:

in the mean time, i'll watch how RageATM's build comes together :thumbsup: :beer:

it'll be interesting autoX-ing our vehicles ... snakes on ice!

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
that is sweet, can't wait to see some numbers. by the was post the spec of the cam also please.

Keep up the good work

2K3BRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Steel City
Have you had any tuning experience with Kauffmans? If so what are your impressions?

Thanks

I have I reccommend Rage there. They tuned my GT they are by far the best tuners in this area. They can do autologic chips or the flash. Tuning is done in house same day no mail garbage. :thumbsup: And Dave the tuner races his own 4.6 4V.

Last edited:

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Here are the cam specs, this is a very mild cam, the same cam me and coleman are using:

Intake:

Duration @ .050"..................: 206

Lobe Lift.............................: .220

Lobe Seperation 114.............: Op/Cl

Timing Events @ .050"...........: -8/34

Seat Duration @ .020"...........: 262

Gross Valve Lift....................: .396

Vlave Lash - Hot..................: .000

Degree Lobe To....................: 111 ATDC

Exhuast:

Duration @ .050"..................: 216

Lobe Lift.............................: .214

Lobe Seperation 114.............: Op/Cl

Timing Events @ .050"...........: 63-9

Seat Duration @ .020"...........: 282

Gross Valve Lift....................: .385

Vlave Lash - Hot..................: 000

Degree Lobe To....................: 117 BTDC

Now I don't know about cam's alot, Mike at LM Engines told me the important thing to look at here isn't the duration and lift, rather the Gross Valve Lift.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Re: Now were talking

Originally posted by brad65ford
Whats going on here kids? J/K I love the sound of tearing into this engine to make them more powerful. Are you getting the stock heads ported? Are you changing rockers also? What are the excepted gains and prices?

was forced into the rebuild and now I'm putting a good spin on it and making my car better then ever.

And I am porting the stock heads. I just hope the gains will somewhat justify the cost of it. ;-)

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by brad65ford
what are you excepting 600 plus rwhp? Sounds like fuel and MAF will be max out?

that's why i got a 95mm pro-m maf, the 55lb injectors, and focus fuel pumps. I still think fuel pressure will be a problem but i will detune the car if it is.

Users who are viewing this thread