Ported Heads and Cams Results *PART 1*

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Re: Re: Now were talking

Originally posted by lRageATMl
was forced into the rebuild and now I'm putting a good spin on it and making my car better then ever.

And I am porting the stock heads. I just hope the gains will somewhat justify the cost of it. ;-)
Your results will be hard to quantify into what did what, BUT, its nice to see a 10% increase in flow from the head porting.....especially if the 10% corelates to 10% HP increase on the back end. It could very well drop boost and make it easier on the fuel system.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Rage,

Did LM do a manual porting job, or did they use a CNC program they have developed? Are those numbers with stock valves? Also, are you going to be using LM's solid lifters (valve lash adjusters)?

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by PhillyCobra
Rage,

Did LM do a manual porting job, or did they use a CNC program they have developed? Are those numbers with stock valves? Also, are you going to be using LM's solid lifters (valve lash adjusters)?

I'll tell you what I do know, or what I think, but the best things is to call mike at LM Engines, they can be reached @ 215-675-8485.

I believe it is a hand port job not CNC program. But Mike at LM Engines assured me that his port job would be as consistent as a CNC machine because he spends so much time in making it so.

For the valves, I believe they are the stock valves. He just reseated them (which I think is necessary). And it was a 3-angle valve job as well. But again, if you want more details give him a call.

I am not using the solid lifters. I have already stretched my budget as much as I can, so I decided to pass on these. But Mike also told me that with the current lifters that he limited the travel on the lifters. What this means, I really have no clue, but he told me that was a good thing. I think this had to be done with all the head work he was doing anyways.

Again, some of my information may be incorrect, so you should really give him a call and he will be more then happy to answer any of your questions.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by brad65ford
When will you know the finial dyno/ track results:??:

tracks are going to be a while since they are all closed right now. I hope to have the block back from the machine shop this week so reassembly will occur non stop over the weekend. My intial plans are to get the car together to go to kauffmans on the 24th.

But I am already running into problems now. I purchased a Service DVD on ebay but it doesn;t work. Now I have to find a service manual with all the torque specs. I'm hoping the machine shop will be able to loan me one, otherwise I will have to search around to find one.

95_XB331

Established Member
If it's your first time at Kauffman's, make sure you ask Dave lots of questions (to annoy him of course :D )--he's cool about teaching ya the details of what's he's doing. Definitely lots of knowledge there and a great/clean shop they run.

Then again, since I got my Innovate WBO for xmas, tuning has never been easier w/my EECtuner...

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by 95_XB331
If it's your first time at Kauffman's, make sure you ask Dave lots of questions (to annoy him of course :D )--he's cool about teaching ya the details of what's he's doing. Definitely lots of knowledge there and a great/clean shop they run.

Then again, since I got my Innovate WBO for xmas, tuning has never been easier w/my EECtuner...

That's what I've heard from many people and that is the reason why he is my tuner of choice...his awesome prices help a bit also :beer:

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
just wanted to say thank you to evil04cobra for offering help, and more importantly Dana...he hooked me up big time and now torque specs will not be a problem!

Users who are viewing this thread