Ported intake results with dyno charts on the same day

Slythrin

Long awaited Data on ported intakes please under stand this is not a stab at anyone what so ever. Please under stand each run was actually the best out of 3 pulls. The last 2 are the most important they were done on the same day with in hours of each other
I also have included pictures of the two intakes taken on the same day. So you can see the difference between the two intakes. Thank you to Roy for the spacer also thank you For Nazman for his cooperation. All numbers are SAE corrected. Thank you everyone for your time.

Before anyone starts coming in here trying to slingin sheit please under stand we did this as a comparison the car never left the dyno. We wanted this to be a fair test and nothing else. We have no ties to any ported intake or person that does porting what so ever. I don’t want to hear any bi*ching or crying or I will not post any more results what so ever. I will also post A/R as well

Here are the facts

Run number 006.
This run was a stock intake along with a intake spacer made by ROY (thanks Roy) the power level is 307.63hp

Run number 013
This was the base line today with the 1st ported intake (done my Naz thanks man) this is the intake that made no power (it made the same power today as it did previously before when it was first installed) Mar. 5th 2008 300.49hp

Run number 016
This was a run that was done today with the new intake also no changes were done to the tune. done on Mar. 5th 2008 301.66hp

Run number 018
This was the same as above but fattened up to the same air fuel as the previous runs. It also looks to be a better ported intake as well. 289.50hp

MarkF.jpg

P1040846.jpg

P1040845.jpg

P1040844.jpg

P1040843.jpg

P1040842.jpg

P1040841.jpg

P1040840.jpg

P1040839.jpg

P1040838.jpg

P1040834.jpg

airfuel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I'm just wondering why the A/F ratios are so out of whack run to run, and how much the tune influenced these results. Datalogs...

Mach Boy

Established Member
Great. This thread was over at M1R and got moved to a private forum because it got flamed to pieces. And I agree with Ben, the A/Fs are so out of whack you can't tell if the no gain was because of the manifold or just because he didn't tune the freaking car to its optimum performance level.

Slythrin

Let me explain something to be clear

Run number is 016
Got it! Do you see the color of the run It is in blue! Please also note that on the air fuel it is also the leanest on the graph showing over 13-1 air fuel. YOU CANT GET ANY LEANER than that! Under stand. Now it has been our experience that the mach 1s like to be a little fat in order to make power (normally around the 12:2 area). So we fattened up the tune a little please see graph 018 it is Red in color please note the hp is under 300 no on this run because of the added fuel. Also please see the Air/fuel graph 12:8 is the air fuel. Seeing as how the graph shows that the intake does not like to be fat I will now compare it to the original Dyno graph that had the stock intake this is run number 006 please not the Hp is 307 and the air fuel is the fattest of any of the graphs at 12:0-12.5.

Great. This thread was over at M1R and got moved to a private forum because it got flamed to pieces. And I agree with Ben, the A/Fs are so out of whack you can't tell if the no gain was because of the manifold or just because he didn't tune the freaking car to its optimum performance level.

I'm just wondering why the A/F ratios are so out of whack run to run, and how much the tune influenced these results. Datalogs...

So in close please don’t talk about what you don’t know about thank you. If you look all of the information is right in front of you I will post each graph if you like as well. These are just the facts and nothing more do what you want say what you will but the information and the facts will not change.

stockandother.jpg

alaskablkmach

Established Member

I agree to. Yes it got removed from their. How do you provide proof of no results with diff a/f ratio's and not tuning. Sorry bro but we put a NAZMAN ported intake on a friends car and moved the A/F back to where it was before and gained 14hp/4trq to the rear wheels. That is not even tuning just changing A/F. When he tuned he got 19whp/8wtrq. WITHOUT THE SPACER. He added the spacer and retuned and gained 7whp and 2wtrq. Sorry but dont bring this thread over here hoping you get respect when it got murdered on one of the most respected mach1 sites out. O-well nice try. Should have provide correct results.

ster!nn

Established Member
Guy can't stand to be wrong so bad that he's been to every mustang site in the universe trying to redeem himself with the same crap that revealed his unknowing.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
could you atleast do the test and make every intake have an identical afr? this doesnt prove anything, hell it could prove the opposite of what your trying to say, do the test right and post the correct results or gtfo.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Let me explain something to be clear

Run number is 016
Got it! Do you see the color of the run It is in blue! Please also note that on the air fuel it is also the leanest on the graph showing over 13-1 air fuel. YOU CANT GET ANY LEANER than that! Under stand. Now it has been our experience that the mach 1s like to be a little fat in order to make power (normally around the 12:2 area). So we fattened up the tune a little please see graph 018 it is Red in color please note the hp is under 300 no on this run because of the added fuel. Also please see the Air/fuel graph 12:8 is the air fuel. Seeing as how the graph shows that the intake does not like to be fat I will now compare it to the original Dyno graph that had the stock intake this is run number 006 please not the Hp is 307 and the air fuel is the fattest of any of the graphs at 12:0-12.5.

I have graphs from the last dyno tune on my car that vary by 6-7 rwhp from timing changes and yet the A/F graphs overlay almost perfectly. Let's face reality, all of the information is hardly in front of us.

Also for a custom dyno tune, those A/F graphs sure are all over the place. Let's see the datalogs that Nazman already requested. And I :lol1: at the 12.2:1 comment.

Last edited:

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
I agree to. Yes it got removed from their. How do you provide proof of no results with diff a/f ratio's and not tuning. Sorry bro but we put a NAZMAN ported intake on a friends car and moved the A/F back to where it was before and gained 14hp/4trq to the rear wheels. That is not even tuning just changing A/F. When he tuned he got 19whp/8wtrq. WITHOUT THE SPACER. He added the spacer and retuned and gained 7whp and 2wtrq. Sorry but dont bring this thread over here hoping you get respect when it got murdered on one of the most respected mach1 sites out. O-well nice try. Should have provide correct results.

Well there is the simple proof that the PP intakes do produce gains. I knew my butt-o-meter was right. Thanks for your post.

alaskablkmach

Established Member

Please dont say it didnt happen because I was their and watched it. The other mods dont matter but he had a JLT RAI, , x-pipe (dont know what brand), Mac catback, 4:10's. The the spacer after the intake. So yes it does provide gains (NAZ's or Roy's). But results will very.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
That is far from a true comparison since the a/f ratios are so different. Also, when did any car make more power with a 12.2 a/f ratio?

Users who are viewing this thread