Ported Lower intake

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
I just got my lower intake back from Stiegemier yesterday. Thought some of you would like to see what it looks like. They did a real nice job on the port and cleaned it up perfect.

BEFORE PORTING

P4300034.jpg

P4300035.jpg

AFTER THE PORT

P5120006.jpg

P5120005.jpg

Thanks goes out to Steggy for a great job

black 10th vert

Established Member
Obviously they cleaned the oil residue off, but to me it doesn't look like they did a whole lot of work to it. How much did they charge for that?

black 10th vert

Established Member
There was alot of material removed around the injector boss. It's just hard to get the camara to get in there and see it.

I wasn't trying to be insulting or anything... I was just hoping you didn't pay a ton for the work, because it didn't look like a lot was done in those pics you posted. Just out of curiosity, how much does porting a lower cost? I suppose even roming the casting flash should improve the flow a bit over stock, anyway.

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
I wasn't trying to be insulting or anything... I was just hoping you didn't pay a ton for the work, because it didn't look like a lot was done in those pics you posted. Just out of curiosity, how much does porting a lower cost? I suppose even roming the casting flash should improve the flow a bit over stock, anyway.

I didnt take it to be insulting or anything. It cost 190 shipped paid with a money order.

GodStang

Established Member
We did a test on a lower intake that was ported and there was some decent gains with boost ramping quicker. Now our port was totally different than Steigs. Ours was ported by Nazman.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Thats not too bad, got a nice port job for it! I remember Naz was doing this and I wish that I had my blower off at the time so I could have sent my lower intake to him because he was doing it for nothing at the time, which was badass. Wonder if it would effect the tune any because I really do not know what gains would be made from the port but I sure would like to find out.

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
I wish I had some before and after numbers but I am instaling most of my go fast goodies while its apart so its going to be a totally new car. I figured with my Whipple kicking out 19#'s it would be a good idea to do this. I can see where there is room for improvment on the port, I'm just to scared to try.

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
I just got mine back from Naz. It looks a lot slicker than the pics shown in the first post. I'll try to post some pics this weekend. It'll be a few weeks before I can test it, but it's a totally new setup so I won't have before/after data anyway.

One of the reasons I did it was I had the heads ported. Couldn't see any sense in having the nice, smooth ports on the heads mated to rough castings of the intake.

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
I just got mine back from Naz. It looks a lot slicker than the pics shown in the first post. I'll try to post some pics this weekend. It'll be a few weeks before I can test it, but it's a totally new setup so I won't have before/after data anyway.

One of the reasons I did it was I had the heads ported. Couldn't see any sense in having the nice, smooth ports on the heads mated to rough castings of the intake.

I would love to see the pics, please try and post them up. I want to make sure I have all I can out of it before I put it back on the car.

Nazman

Established Member
^^

There are lots more that can be done there. There are improvement that could be done all around the runner entrance area. The injector bosses, the intake bolt bosses, the transition from the floor of the intake, and certain fill areas in the runners.

You can increase the area of the runner entrace without making it bigger increasing the efficiency.

Naz

speedybolt

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
^^

There are lots more that can be done there. There are improvement that could be done all around the runner entrance area. The injector bosses, the intake bolt bosses, the transition from the floor of the intake, and certain fill areas in the runners.

You can increase the area of the runner entrace without making it bigger increasing the efficiency.

Naz

Can you email me some pics of what you are talking about? I am going to be putting it back on the car late this week, I want to get all out of it I can.

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread