Ported Lower intake

racebronco2

Established Member
Nazman, what type epoxy are you using for the floor of the manifold? I ported mine but don't know what type of epoxy to use.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Here's a newsflash.

Air hates a "male" radius but a "female" radius isn't a killer. Yep, you heard it here first. Think of a pickup truck. Sit in the bed and spit up into the wind. Yep the spit will stay in right? Now stick something up that interrupts the airflow......... Just think about it. Why add epoxy when there are plenty of places to cut?

I'm out of here.

Nazman

Established Member
Just use JB Weld, it won't go anywhere.

Dont.

It will eventually fail.

There are some very high quality industrial epoxies out there that will last a lifetime.

Why add epoxy when there are plenty of places to cut?

I'm out of here.

Cutting is not always the option, as in bigger is not always better.

Filling some areas will yeild a much better result than "cutting", again, everyone has their own techiques/methods and for each, they will get diferent results.

Naz

racebronco2

Established Member
I ported my lower intake and heads and there is no longer a transition at the heads/intake, it's just a straight shot from the lower intake to the valves.
valveworkporting002medi.jpg

pony23

Established Member
Looks pretty nice.

I ported my intake and i am headed to the dyno within the month. We will see what I get with my KB.

Last edited:

03sm3341

Established Member
I too am a home porter of the lower intake. I have seen one of naz intakes and for the time it takes to port your lower intake, his intake is worth the money. Naz's intake is a very nice piece.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I'd still like to see some solid results from this. Like some datalogs and dyno pulls to show the difference. I know Naz has ported several of these now and the only results we have were typed with nothing to show the gains. Not doubting there are some gains to be had by any means but I'd like to see the overall change of the curve and intake temps etc. I did a little bit of work on mine in the past, but not anything enough to make a difference. If there are some legit gains to be had I'd really consider taking it back off to have Brian or Naz and have them really port it.

GodStang

Established Member
I'd still like to see some solid results from this. Like some datalogs and dyno pulls to show the difference. I know Naz has ported several of these now and the only results we have were typed with nothing to show the gains. Not doubting there are some gains to be had by any means but I'd like to see the overall change of the curve and intake temps etc. I did a little bit of work on mine in the past, but not anything enough to make a difference. If there are some legit gains to be had I'd really consider taking it back off to have Brian or Naz and have them really port it.

I had all the info on the last car I did the Naz swap on. IAT2 temps, boost change, a/f change, and before/after numbers. I gave all the info to Naz and dont think I have it anymore. I hope to get mine done soon also to have more data to add. Looks to be done in about a month.

vnmous04

Established Member
Dont.

It will eventually fail.

There are some very high quality industrial epoxies out there that will last a lifetime.

Cutting is not always the option, as in bigger is not always better.

Filling some areas will yeild a much better result than "cutting", again, everyone has their own techiques/methods and for each, they will get diferent results.

Naz

How do you expect to market your skills if you do not give anybody some numbers and datalogs. I would be alot more interested if I knew what some gains where..........

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
How do you expect to market your skills if you do not give anybody some numbers and datalogs. I would be alot more interested if I knew what some gains where..........

He has a website with gains posted.

vnmous04

Established Member
He has a website with gains posted.

I seen these in the beginning.

Before port: 370hp/ 359tq at the rear wheels
Starting Temp IAT1: 100 degrees, Ending Temp IAT2: 120 degrees. Boost was 12psi dropping to 10 up top.

After port: 389hp/ 375tq at the rear wheels
Starting Temp IAT1: 100 degrees, Ending Temp IAT2
114 degrees. Boost was 12psi dropping to 10 psi up top

What is the only modification a quite large supercharger pulley and a intake port. This is not very much information to go and spend 400.....I want more than that. Only 6 degress. come on These numbers dont seem right compared to the boost

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Ah since this seems to be a good lower intake thread. Here's a new project lol.
RacePortlowerintake004.jpg

RacePortlowerintake006.jpg

I'll have a full write-up in my section.

pony23

Established Member
Here is my home port. It is now mounted under my KB and hopefully hitting the dyno sometime in April.
IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You can take a whole lot more out of the injector bosses. And I mean a whole lot.

-Jeff

Nazman

Established Member
I too am a home porter of the lower intake. I have seen one of naz intakes and for the time it takes to port your lower intake, his intake is worth the money. Naz's intake is a very nice piece.

Thanks! Yes, we do put lots of hours on our Terminator intake ports and they deliver huge gains! Lots more than what is on the website!!

Sorry we no longer post "detailed" pics of intakes (B, C, or Terminator intakes, heads and/or Ported Short Runners....)

For the folks....FYI. There are over 10.....High Boost (25PSI) KB/Whipple cars running Nazty Lower ported intakes on their Terminators on www.modularfords.com alone and over 1/2 of them running 9s...just FYI and several more with stock or ported Eaton units and lower boost levels with similar results!

They are.....and very impresive gains!

I had all the info on the last car I did the Naz swap on. IAT2 temps, boost change, a/f change, and before/after numbers. I gave all the info to Naz and dont think I have it anymore. I hope to get mine done soon also to have more data to add. Looks to be done in about a month.

You mean to test? You have your Nazty Ported intake on hand......:rockon: looking for some data on your beast!

There are not "some" gains...we are seeing over 15+RWHP/TQ on STOCK non-ported Eatons.....quite a bit more on TS blowers...quite a bit more!

Take this as an example:

When we get inquired in regards to our Nazty Ported Short Runner (NPSR) intake we will sell it as a 25+RWHP gain @ 6800RPMs....were in reality they are making 50+RWHP @ 6800RPMs (more than any other single mod other than Nitrous or FI).

We MUCH rather go conservative....and lose a few jobs.....and make lots more "actual" hp and have "happy" Nazty customers!

I did not see any thing for an 03-04 cobra. Just a 99 cobra I believe. What is the website

Nazty Performance -Your Source!

I seen these in the beginning.

Before port: 370hp/ 359tq at the rear wheels
Starting Temp IAT1: 100 degrees, Ending Temp IAT2: 120 degrees. Boost was 12psi dropping to 10 up top.

After port: 389hp/ 375tq at the rear wheels
Starting Temp IAT1: 100 degrees, Ending Temp IAT2
114 degrees. Boost was 12psi dropping to 10 psi up top

What is the only modification a quite large supercharger pulley and a intake port. This is not very much information to go and spend 400.....I want more than that. Only 6 degress. come on These numbers dont seem right compared to the boost

Few things to keep into consideration:

Intake was one of our early, early design (read: research)
Current intake work......= Day and Night diference....If I were to put a number on it...Ill say 3 being the intake on the test......75 being our current design....and each and everyone we do....we keep inproving them!

You may say that 19RWHP/16RWTQ is not enough along with 6 degrees AIT2 temp drop...but this is a stock blower with stock pulley......not being overworked or run to the limits like most of SVTP users run thier cars!

Even then....with that early intake design...you are looking at ~20 bones per HP gain! Which when compared to a blower.....lets say a Whipple 2.3 at same same boost level.....the intake will out power the blower by a huge marging when doing the $ per HP mod.

On higher booot applications the HP/TQ is increased and AIT2s drops are much more significant!

Ill be glad to help folks!

Naz

Users who are viewing this thread