Porting/Polishing intake manifold/Caddy Cts 3.6

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
Vehicle is a 2005 Cts 3.6....no mods exsist outside of the normal bolt on's. Which makes me think outside the box. Iam thinking of lightly porting the sharpe edges of the entrance runners (where my finger is pointing to in pic) as it has a dramatic lip that I believe holding back incoming air from running freely...lemme know what ya think...lemme know if iam wasting my time....Thanx....

Pic of underneath upper intake manifold

DSCN2139.gif

Pic of edge to be ported

DSCN2141.gif

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
just go for it and see what happens... atleast if nothing happens you'll have a ncie shiny intake.... if you do polish the outside...

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
Iam a little worried about hurting performance.....also I would love to polish that exterior-but Iam not gonna go in that direction....I was gonna polish the inlet bowels/near the area where i will be porting....

goat-ee

Established Member
Are there not Caddy forums where there are people that would be into this kind of thing and could tell you if your just wasting time and energy?

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
There is MAYBE 5 hp in radiusing those corners and that's if you could uniformly remove at least .090 from the edge and blend in a little bit. AND, thats assuming there isnt a worse restriction elsewhere. The whole design looks fairly compromised and should be cut apart in order to access the restrictions. Then you might get somewhere.

The only way I would advise doing what you're considering is if you had time on your hands and wanted to experiment.

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
Success! tires are screeching now! Iam noticing gains from higher and lower rpm...but more so from take off.

It's a night and day difference which is blowing me away as I only did a light port on the throttle body and the upper intake.....Iam gonna port a little more and include the lower manifold...might do the intake runners on the heads

ttk53

Established Member
Success! tires are screeching now! Iam noticing gains from higher and lower rpm...but more so from take off.

It's a night and day difference which is blowing me away as I only did a light port on the throttle body and the upper intake.....Iam gonna port a little more and include the lower manifold...might do the intake runners on the heads

placebo effect:shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

Congratulations and sometimes you just gotta go for it. Just go in small increments though so you don't go overboard. If there's a question whether to cut or not then just polish it instead. Good luck.:beer:

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
Sup Posi
thanx for chiming in....

What Iam thinking of is getting another manifold-going crazy on it!
Or Iam hoping you have some input/special tool/cutting blade/bit that I can use outside of the Normal Dremel bits?

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member

Ten horsepower is barely noticeable by the seat of the pants so with the screeching tires and mind blowing power you must have picked up at least 30 - 50 horsepower? Just by radiusing those edges and touching up the throttle body?

Users who are viewing this thread