Posi inlet/TB port results

rsilver

Established Member
Just got my 04 vert back with the new Posi inlet only/TB port. I wasn't looking for hugh gains, just something mild. Brian at Posi suggested we port the inlet side only and the TB as a test for a more mild port, not a full race port, and I took him up on it.He helped me out on the cost since it was a beta but said if it worked he could do it cheaper than the full race port. ( I don't know what he will charge) I just want a good drivable street/touring car that is respectable. My mods before the port are in my sig. We picked up almost 40 hp peak and 10# torque at peak but that doesn't tell the whole story. The dyno graph shows 30# of torque increase from 3500rpm up to about 5500rpm and a much flatter curve that stays up.Big improvement in drivability especially up here in the mountians where pulling 6% grades at 10,000 feet is common. The Hp increase kicks in hard around 5000rpm and just screams to red line. I wasn't expecting it when I got on the on ramp. Considering my mild mods and this port, we ended up with 481.5 HP and 442# of torque and thats with belt slip over 6000. I do not run a stub idler and the engine looks entirely stock, so real nice for mild mods. Only thing left is to add the 4# lower with the stock cage when that is available (soon) and, well, it will be plenty for me. Just thought you guys would be intrested...and I might not be describing the dyno graph perfectly, but I don't have a scanner or way to post it yet. Brian is an awsome guy to work with, the guys at Finish Line in Denver ordered a couple more of his race ports after seeing my "stage one" results......bob

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Now that was a fun project and thanks for trusting me enough to try it on your car.

TVSCobra

Established Member
So if im reading this right you picked up all that power from a throttle body and plenum port? What am I missing here?

Stalker27

Established Member
Damn that's a very good gain. Posi you are seriously working majic on these ports of yours. When i get some money up you will most deff be hearing from me

rsilver

Established Member
Ported Throttle body, plenum AND intake side of the S/C. No port on the outlet side....if I am saying that correctly. Brian, feel free to jump in on that.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Damn that's a very good gain. Posi you are seriously working majic on these ports of yours. When i get some money up you will most deff be hearing from me

I agree and thanks for the compliments. rsilver called and wanted to run an upper only but pick up some torque also which is not something upper only's are known to pick up. I've wanted to do this for a while and we worked a deal out to where he let me try it on his car.

Ported Throttle body, plenum AND intake side of the S/C. No port on the outlet side....if I am saying that correctly. Brian, feel free to jump in on that.

Yes sir you got it.

Ported stock throttle body and plenum

Ported Inlet only on the blower.

No outlet work done at all. I need to test this soon on a car that's running an upper/lower pulley combo. Maybe my own car again.:bash:

Stalker27

Established Member
Not to threadjack here but how much would a Dragon TB & Dragon plenum add to just a 275 pulley with JLT RAI, o/r h pipe & 3" catback? I'm guessing about the same as him minus the work on the blower

I ask cause i'll eventually get your race port but also get you to port the TB & Plenum

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Not to threadjack here but how much would a Dragon TB & Dragon plenum add to just a 275 pulley with JLT RAI, o/r h pipe & 3" catback? I'm guessing about the same as him minus the work on the blower

I ask cause i'll eventually get your race port but also get you to port the TB & Plenum

5-8hp more than likely. On a Ported Blower it could add 10hp for an upper only car.

Impressive gains for sure. Congrats to you and Brian.

Thank you sir.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread