Positive Vibe thread

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know how you deal with all the twats working at MRI facilities. I am fixing lighting in one. No maintenance for 10 years. The are bitching that it's to bright.
There is that. And medical physicists who don't know their jobs or physics, and every radiologist wants every monitor to look a certain way, which no other radiologist will accept, and network/IT/PACS guys (and gals) who don't have the least clue what they are doing or why it is more important than just "bits in a file on a network." But even that part of it is fun, too. In a frustrating way.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
There is that. And medical physicists who don't know their jobs or physics, and every radiologist wants every monitor to look a certain way, which no other radiologist will accept, and network/IT/PACS guys (and gals) who don't have the least clue what they are doing or why it is more important than just "bits in a file on a network." But even that part of it is fun, too. In a frustrating way.
No joke. No maintenance in 10
years at this facility. Women waiting for results on if their boobs are going to chopped off in a facility that could have been the back drop to a horror movie.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Was grateful I was able to take my car out Saturday and Sunday. Two great days for it.
It's been a while, between feeling like crap and crappy weather. Hoping for another killer weekend weather-wise!
I feel ya. My brother in law and me have been trying for the last 2 weeks to get to the dragstrip, hopefully the universe will see fit to allow it this weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
f322ca1d718e505086494682ab183021.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Over the past week I've had excruciating pain in my hip (replacement done last May) to the point where I could barely walk after exiting my Edge. I believe it was from lifting undistributed weight. So I woke up this morning feeling different, and quickly realized the pain was pretty much gone. And it WAS! A pain-free day is a GREAT day! ;)

nxhappy

Established Member
i made a thread too lol....not sure where it went. But it's good we talk about the positive things going on ! So easy to fall in a slump and focus on the negative things.

for me: I'm living, happy, business is good, organizing things a bit, decided I'm ready for a baby, got a roof over my head, got great friends, great family.....life is good !

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Over the past week I've had excruciating pain in my hip (replacement done last May) to the point where I could barely walk after exiting my Edge. I believe it was from lifting undistributed weight. So I woke up this morning feeling different, and quickly realized the pain was pretty much gone. And it WAS! A pain-free day is a GREAT day! ;)
Have you watched a hip replacement video?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Had some massive amounts of rain yesterday afternoon. The new house weather the storm well. Had a lot of standing water, but so did pretty much everyone else. I'll take it!

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife is taking our son shopping with nanny all day today. Daddy gets a free day!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you watched a hip replacement video?
No way! LOL. Funny story, I have memories of part of the surgery. I remember the surgeon wrapping his arms around my leg and banging down on the new joint. He said afterwards that it didn't happen, but I swear it did. It's a memory that is lodged in my brain solidly. :eek:

One of my granddaughters is in her second year nursing program at Western CT and she saw a hip replacement video. She told me that I wouldn't want to watch it. I agreed! LOL.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
At least is wasn't a memory of him giving you a blowie while you were sedated..

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
No way! LOL. Funny story, I have memories of part of the surgery. I remember the surgeon wrapping his arms around my leg and banging down on the new joint. He said afterwards that it didn't happen, but I swear it did. It's a memory that is lodged in my brain solidly. :eek:

One of my granddaughters is in her second year nursing program at Western CT and she saw a hip replacement video. She told me that I wouldn't want to watch it. I agreed! LOL.
Yeah it's pretty damn brutal. Oddly enough it didn't really phase me. Now watching an ingrown toe nail get fixed...****ed my world up!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And today is another good day. Just got my new Nightingale OWB custom leather holster delivery (mahogany and black) delivered for my new HK VP9-SK pistol. It was expensive, but the quality, fit and workmanship is the very best I've seen. Well worth the $270. that I spent since I carry every day. A comfortable fit is important. This one fits much better to my hip than my DeSantis holster (for my Shield).

And later this afternoon I'm having a new HP K7C09A8 Z27n 27" Widescreen LED Backlit IPS Display delivered. It has some great reviews so I'm excited about installing it later today. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At least is wasn't a memory of him giving you a blowie while you were sedated..
Jeff, I just about spit out my coffee just now. LOL!

Yeah it's pretty damn brutal. Oddly enough it didn't really phase me. Now watching an ingrown toe nail get fixed...****ed my world up!
I actually had that done on both of my big toes many years ago. The doctor cut out the nerves on the sides of each nail to prevent further issues. It's worked well. But I remember there was a good amount of blood, and I watched the entire procedure. :eek:

cwlanders

Established Member
This thread is very timely since I have a lot to be grateful for currently. I recently became a licensed CPA, bought a house, accepted a job offer that comes with a 50% raise, and I am getting married this weekend. It has been a good few weeks.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Long weekend coming up! 4 days off with no work till Wednesday.
Hopefully the weather cooperates.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on getting your license as a CPA. And a 50% raise is.....
AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread