Possible clutch problem...

scottGT500

Established Member
Ok, I made a couple of passes locally and I may have messed my clutch up.

Stats:
700whp/700wtq
9,600 miles
Pass was on 20" 555R's

I slipped the clutch at launch and lost forward momentum in first and second gear. Right when I noticed, I immediately aborted the pass. Saw smoke in my rear view mirror and the smell was BAD. I was able to get back to the pit area and let it cool off for a bit before the drive home. The clutch pedal is still a bit soft while shifting and engagement were getting better... All the gears work but I didn't get on it on the way home (obviously) to really tell. I am hoping I just "glazed" it and once it is cooled back down all will be ok...

I put an email in to Van but your thoughts are appreciated...

:beer:

Scott

Last edited:

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
It will go sooner or later with that HP and even more if you are tracking it.

Regards,

Manuel

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Adios, Mr Clutch.
McLeod RXT will solve that problem. I've had one for about 20k and love it. Mostly raced, so it's certainly abused.

ThomasL

Established Member
Adios, Mr Clutch.
McLeod RXT will solve that problem. I've had one for about 20k and love it. Mostly raced, so it's certainly abused.

Yep. My next mods are the RXT and MPSS tires in that order. Messed up my stock clutch after 4k hard miles at about 700 rwhp.

rancid

Established Member
Sounds like the clutch is going, OP but you might get lucky it will last for normal driving for awhile because you baked it at the track.

scottGT500

Established Member
It is raining so I haven't driven it since yesterday... Van agreed with me that I just probably glazed the mess out of it and it over heated. Probably cut my clutch life I half! The car is my daily driver so I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Hopefully still fine for "non" track use...I hope this is my one mulligan I get...

Scott

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It is raining so I haven't driven it since yesterday... Van agreed with me that I just probably glazed the mess out of it and it over heated. Probably cut my clutch life I half! The car is my daily driver so I am keeping my fingers crossed...

Hopefully still fine for "non" track use...I hope this is my one mulligan I get...

Scott

Meh. Replace it anyway, especially since it's your DD. would suck if you got stuck out on the way to work and it went

Users who are viewing this thread