Possible head tick (vid incoming)

Fooj

Established Member
So i know i don't have a video (prob should've waiting to get one before posting) but i will get a this weekend. This car has had this tick since i bought it 3-4yrs ago and the guy told me its because it has brass valve guides. Me not really thinking believed this guy most likely because i was in love with the car. So when the car is cold and i start it up there isn't a tick to be heard its only when i start driving it for a while and the engine gets hot that i can hear it. Its so f'en load i can hear it at stops lights and its driving me crazy too the point its taking away from enjoying the car. If its a head tick will this needs to be address sooner than later or does it have no effect on the car besides being annoying?

Ill get a video and post up here this weekend

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
So i know i don't have a video (prob should've waiting to get one before posting) but i will get a this weekend. This car has had this tick since i bought it 3-4yrs ago and the guy told me its because it has brass valve guides. Me not really thinking believed this guy most likely because i was in love with the car. So when the car is cold and i start it up there isn't a tick to be heard its only when i start driving it for a while and the engine gets hot that i can hear it. Its so f'en load i can hear it at stops lights and its driving me crazy too the point its taking away from enjoying the car. If its a head tick will this needs to be address sooner than later or does it have no effect on the car besides being annoying?

Ill get a video and post up here this weekend
What year cobra you driving?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Possible :
  • Excessive valve tappet or lash adjuster clearance
  • Excessive valve guide clearance

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It does sound like it could be the tick issue. Read this info from my Terminator FAQs. Note that the ticking is more noticeable when the engine is warm/hot.

If it IS the tick issue, it is more of an annoyance. In the link above, there is a tick-issue video where you can hear what it sounds like. You'll have to click on that file link, save it to your desktop, and then play the video from that.

Users who are viewing this thread