Possibly no mid oct pay...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I hope they don't screw you guys over man... was just talking to a guy who works on the Arsenal here locally and they cut his pay 20%... I'm not kidding when I say his front yard has some items with for sale signs on them. I believe he sold his Camaro, 2500HD and four wheeler already. I couldn't imagine taking a hit like that. :(

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Don't worry, the government will kick the can down the road as they have been doing for decades, you will be fine.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I hope they don't screw you guys over man... was just talking to a guy who works on the Arsenal here locally and they cut his pay 20%... I'm not kidding when I say his front yard has some items with for sale signs on them. I believe he sold his Camaro, 2500HD and four wheeler already. I couldn't imagine taking a hit like that. :(

Probably a victim of sequester as a contractor. They cut his working days by 20% also. he works 4 days a week. Not to sound to mean but he could find part time or weekend work to augment his pay.

Does it suck, it does but it is not the end of the world. On a bright side he still has a job which a lot folks can't say right now.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
This sucked balls when it happend to us 2 years ago, but we will get paid for that time eventually. Its situations like these that outline the importance of having 3 months of pay in your savings account at all times. I know I'm going to hear a bunch of PFC's and SPC's complain to me about not having any money.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Very valid points.. he is definitely lucky to still have a job.

They thought about a 20% reduction of personnel at one point. I think the severance packages, unemployment impacts and such was terrible on the economy and voting booth.

Stanger00

Established Member
I wouldnt worry about it. I remember these threats in the media when I was in the military.

The company I work for lost a big contract and because of that we had to take a 20% paycut :nonono:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I'm basically getting laid off in my Squadron due to sequestration. Word finally came down from ACC that they are only going to pay for a certain number of crews to run our missions. The kicker is they're making all the AGRs (usually staff guys) man the lines so that put a bunch of us activated DSGs out the door. I was given 10 days notice that I will have to find a job elsewhere.

Soooo any of you guys have connections with any Airborne Sensor Operator or Imagery Analysis contracting jobs? I have an active TS/SCI clearance as well as 2700 hours and 6 years experience on the MQ1 platform.

Stanger00

Established Member
I'm basically getting laid off in my Squadron due to sequestration. Word finally came down from ACC that they are only going to pay for a certain number of crews to run our missions. The kicker is they're making all the AGRs (usually staff guys) man the lines so that put a bunch of us activated DSGs out the door. I was given 10 days notice that I will have to find a job elsewhere.

Soooo any of you guys have connections with any Airborne Sensor Operator or Imagery Analysis contracting jobs? I have an active TS/SCI clearance as well as 2700 hours and 6 years experience on the MQ1 platform.

Ouch! Thats a real kick in the dick.

The only thing I know of the MQ1 is that General Atomics builds them and I nearly took a job with them when I left the AF. Maybe they could use some contractors at Creech :shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

shoot me your resume ... I can pass it along to some people.

You have any objections to a polygraph? willing to relocate? you dont' say where you are but DC is a hotbed for active TS.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Ouch! Thats a real kick in the dick.

The only thing I know of the MQ1 is that General Atomics builds them and I nearly took a job with them when I left the AF. Maybe they could use some contractors at Creech :shrug:

I've been keeping an eye out on GA's career site, they usually like their candidates to have a technical degree, of which I do not have yet.

shoot me your resume ... I can pass it along to some people.

You have any objections to a polygraph? willing to relocate? you dont' say where you are but DC is a hotbed for active TS.

Thanks for your help RDJ, I'll shoot it over to you as soon as I'm done updating it. I have no objections to a polygraph. As for relocation, what I'm really looking for is a deployment-type position where I can stay in Houston (where I live currently) and do 60/30, 60/60, 90/30, etc rotations overseas.

I have Civil Service Technician rehire rights so I can use that to get a job for the short term and finish my degree if no contracting jobs come up.

Stanger00

Established Member
I've been keeping an eye out on GA's career site, they usually like their candidates to have a technical degree, of which I do not have yet.

Thanks for your help RDJ, I'll shoot it over to you as soon as I'm done updating it. I have no objections to a polygraph. As for relocation, what I'm really looking for is a deployment-type position where I can stay in Houston (where I live currently) and do 60/30, 60/60, 90/30, etc rotations overseas.

I have Civil Service Technician rehire rights so I can use that to get a job for the short term and finish my degree if no contracting jobs come up.

I didnt have a degree but the job I was going to take was a technician job. I did have to take a electronic test so if you can handle questions with regard to setting up an oscilloscope and complete a few equations that deal with capacitance, resistance, ETC. you should be good to go...I am not sure they actually deploy though. There is another company that handles basically all MQ1 maintenance but that name eludes me at the moment. I'm sure you know the name. I was close to applying for a job with them but the position I was pulling for was filled before I gave my resume to a manager at a deployed location.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I didnt have a degree but the job I was going to take was a technician job. I did have to take a electronic test so if you can handle questions with regard to setting up an oscilloscope and complete a few equations that deal with capacitance, resistance, ETC. you should be good to go...I am not sure they actually deploy though. There is another company that handles basically all MQ1 maintenance but that name eludes me at the moment. I'm sure you know the name. I was close to applying for a job with them but the position I was pulling for was filled before I gave my resume to a manager at a deployed location.

Haha I would fail that test for sure. I was looking more into their OPs side since I've been a sensor operator for 6 years. MQ1 maintenance contracts change frequently, I don't even know who our MX contractors work for right now, probably Bosch.

Marc

Established Member
Trust me, the military will get paid. If you want to see the popularity of congress/president go deep down in the shitter, fug over your military personnel by not paying them, but continuing to pay yourselves with the pay raises you voted yourself almost every year.

Users who are viewing this thread