Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Installed the new heat extractors today and cleaned up the engine bay a little.
20240213_170451.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
You've been hiding this from us. I love it Doug.
Thanks Brad. It was a 2+ year project. Just after we got started, China flu hit & stalled progress a few times. I started putting shakedown miles on it last fall, then winter hit! It’s good to go for spring now. It’s a damn blast to drive.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thanks Brad. It was a 2+ year project. Just after we got started, China flu hit & stalled progress a few times. I started putting shakedown miles on it last fall, then winter hit! It’s good to go for spring now. It’s a damn blast to drive.
Need to get a video with sound Doug, I'd love to hear it.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
When I first saw the picture of that car, I thought that's pretty cool. But then the flathead just puts it at another level. Outstanding car and outstanding sound. Congrats on doing something different and not just dropping a 350 in it.

Your government is lying to you

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Very nice Doug it's just perfect the way it is I dig the color combo just right
Thanks for the compliment on the color. There’s a little story to it.
While the car was blown apart for this build I spent over a year trying to decide a color. Didn’t want black, didn’t want red, didn’t want wild “streetrod “ colors..
I spent countless hours on the internet looking at other ‘33 ‘34 coupes & nothing struck me. I wanted something that would pass as vintage, but different than the norm.
Then while looking at ‘69 Mach 1 images, I ran across a ‘69 Cobra Jet with Indian Fire Red paint. My father bought a ‘69 in this color.. In one second, I finally made up my mind! It was a special order color in ‘68 and ‘69. Also available on Fairlanes, Ranchero’s, and Mercury Cougars.
1BDE03CC-0F33-4AE1-91D1-1591E1A97471.png

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
While the car was blown apart for this build I spent over a year trying to decide a color. Didn’t want black, didn’t want red, didn’t want wild “streetrod “ colors..
I spent countless hours on the internet looking at other ‘33 ‘34 coupes & nothing struck me. I wanted something that would pass as vintage, but different than the norm.
Then while looking at ‘69 Mach 1 images, I ran across a ‘69 Cobra Jet with Indian Fire Red paint. My father bought a ‘69 in this color.. In one second, I finally made up my mind! It was a special order color in ‘68 and ‘69. Also available on Fairlanes, Ranchero’s, and Mercury Cougars.View attachment 1829023
I'm having a similar dilemma. Building an AC Cobra replica and I still haven't picked out a color. I've been looking and looking, but nothing really hits me the right way.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I'm having a similar dilemma. Building an AC Cobra replica and I still haven't picked out a color. I've been looking and looking, but nothing really hits me the right way.

Trust me I know the feeling. When it HITS you, you’ll know it instantly. I’ve been following your build. I came “this close” to doing a Cobra build years ago. My realization as to how I drive finally change my mind. I guess I scared myself out of one. For now anyway..

Last edited:

Morgan

Established Member
Then while looking at ‘69 Mach 1 images, I ran across a ‘69 Cobra Jet with Indian Fire Red paint. My father bought a ‘69 in this color.. In one second, I finally made up my mind! It was a special order color in ‘68 and ‘69. Also available on Fairlanes, Ranchero’s, and Mercury Cougars.View attachment 1829023

Great choice. I think the vintage color and simple black wheels are what makes it so great. Giant billet wheels and loud paint don’t belong on the old steel/ pre-war cars.

Users who are viewing this thread