Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
e6cb7f373043dcf2c1283a84aa6fbd50.jpg

April needs to hurry up.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…
Awesome man cave.

Details on that '70's Challenger!!

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My non pi turd
Ya know, if I came across a 96-98 laser red GT coupe in decent shape for the right price, I'd strongly consider scooping it up. Even with bolt-ons and a canned tune she wasn't fast, but I still had a lot of fun slamming gears in my '96 back in the day. Probably can't outrun most modern dad vans anymore, though. ha

My buddy had a 98 GT with bolt ons and 4.10s and we'd race all the time. I had 315 DRs and a clutch so I could usually take off on him and he wouldn't be able to catch me. Every once in a while he'd launch better and hang in there. I'd hold him off until he hit third and then he'd crawl by me until he'd hit fourth while I was still in third and I'd come right back. Then we did PI cams and intake on his and I could no longer out-drive him so that was the end of the battle. ha

In a way, I miss that car cuz it was "easy" to drive. 1/3 the power of the my current lineup so it would just hook and go for a couple a gears without screaming tires, blower, and doubling the speed limit right away. That's in no way saying I would trade for one, though.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Ya know, if I came across a 96-98 laser red GT coupe in decent shape for the right price, I'd strongly consider scooping it up. Even with bolt-ons and a canned tune she wasn't fast, but I still had a lot of fun slamming gears in my '96 back in the day. Probably can't outrun most modern dad vans anymore, though. ha

My buddy had a 98 GT with bolt ons and 4.10s and we'd race all the time. I had 315 DRs and a clutch so I could usually take off on him and he wouldn't be able to catch me. Every once in a while he'd launch better and hang in there. I'd hold him off until he hit third and then he'd crawl by me until he'd hit fourth while I was still in third and I'd come right back. Then we did PI cams and intake on his and I could no longer out-drive him so that was the end of the battle. ha

In a way, I miss that car cuz it was "easy" to drive. 1/3 the power of the my current lineup so it would just hook and go for a couple a gears without screaming tires, blower, and doubling the speed limit right away. That's in no way saying I would trade for one, though.

My ‘99 never went faster than 13.6, but as you said, I could beat the piss out of it for 3 gears without having to worry about felonies.

I’d like to get a clean 99-04 GT or 03/04 Mach 1 as a cruiser. Asking prices are still jacked though.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My ‘99 never went faster than 13.6, but as you said, I could beat the piss out of it for 3 gears without having to worry about felonies.

I’d like to get a clean 99-04 GT or 03/04 Mach 1 as a cruiser. Asking prices are still jacked though.
Hell yeah! Then while I'm snooping, I come across these two semi local higher mileage Terminator convertibles which then gets me thinking, "If I'm going to spend $9-10k on a clean GT, what's another 6 for a Terminator?" lol Hardly drive the one I have, but so what?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Hell yeah! Then while I'm snooping, I come across these two semi local higher mileage Terminator convertibles which then gets me thinking, "If I'm going to spend $9-10k on a clean GT, what's another 6 for a Terminator?" lol Hardly drive the one I have, but so what?

That sums up me shopping for ANYTHING fun.

Baseball bats for the kids the last few years, my new glove last year, cars, toys, games, TVs, etc…

If I’m spending X, whats 20% more eh?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s a 70 Challenger T/A. 340 six pack, A33 4 speed. It’s a fun car.
6e432363829e2c88bfacba6a8fe9cc0b.jpg

Reminds me of the time when I was MUCH younger.
Cruising was huge where I grew up. One Saturday night, I was out and parked along the strip. Met an acquaintance, let's call him Bill, and a few other friends. While we're standing there, this 'Cuda goes driving by. Bill laughs at it. The guy turns around and come back, gets out and says to Bill, "you laughing at the 'Cuda?"

Bill proceeds to answer in the affirmative and they get to bench racing right there on the sidewalk. Unbeknownst to this 'Cuda driver, Bill had a mid 70's Camaro at home with a 454 in it. This 'Cuda had a 340 4bbl in it, didn't look like anything too special. 'Cuda driver lays down the challenge finally and Bill accepts. Bill goes home quick and gets his car.

We all go out to a straight country road that was commonly used for these types of activities. They ran 5 different times. Bill got his ass handed to him 5 times in a row. No one expected that little 340 to do in that big block, but it punished it.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member

I'm old now so she's fast enough for me. The mods are only lightweight flywheel, clutch, shifter and underdrive pulleys. I beat my buddies civic si, don't remember the model but he runs consistent 15.0s in the 1/4th. I'm thinking she's a 14.6 car all day. I'm thinking of putting an on3 turbo on the stock non pi engine. I'd be happy with 300hp and 370tq, especially with the 4.10s sitting in my garage.:ROFLMAO:

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
There's a guy in my neighborhood with a super clean Redfire 03 GT, just has just a new clutch, shifter, 3.73 gears, CAI, and Borla cat-back. Most cars would freight-train him, but I know he's having a blast with it.

I've been seriously considering a 99-04 GT. My son is 6 now, and likes working on the Explorer with me, but an SN95 would be great because we could do so much on it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It’s a 70 Challenger T/A. 340 six pack, A33 4 speed. It’s a fun car.
6e432363829e2c88bfacba6a8fe9cc0b.jpg

Beautiful T/A. One of my favorite late '60s/early '70s muscle cars. I liked the '70 AAR 340-6 Cuda, too. That 6-pack small block 340 was a screamer. The rear rake, hood scoop and side exhaust are so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread