Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
fresh paint correction and glass coating.
caddyglasscoat.jpg

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Looks good. Is this coating stuff all it's cracked up to be?

I've done it on both the GT500 and V. Both black and both had lots of swirl fine scratches. The glass coating brings out shine but I'm told is also on their to help against the swirling and fine scratches. The GT500 was done over a year ago and still looks great. And water just runs off of it when washing.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Looks good. Is this coating stuff all it's cracked up to be?

I had the ceramic pro 9H coating added to my black 03 cobra as well. It seems to be working well. They also can polish out scratches in the ceramic surface if needed, so it's like adding an additional clear coat. They would just add another coat on top of the exsisting coating once it was perfect. Washing the car is a breeze now and it stays cleaner for much longer period of time.

F8LVENOM

Established Member
I paid $800 for stage 2 paint correction and opticoat on my 2012 5.0....The paint correction was great...still not sure about the opticoat though...

Never_Enough

Established Member
I have CQuartz UK on the car and I will never go back to waxing it.

Tell us why. Waxing is quite cheap & easy. I don't think I could justify paying hundreds for one of these coat jobs unless the reasons were VERY compelling

Never_Enough

Established Member
I had the ceramic pro 9H coating added to my black 03 cobra as well. It seems to be working well. They also can polish out scratches in the ceramic surface if needed, so it's like adding an additional clear coat. They would just add another coat on top of the exsisting coating once it was perfect. Washing the car is a breeze now and it stays cleaner for much longer period of time.

How deep of a scratch can be buffed out or can something be buffed out that would normally not be able to on a car was has your standard wax & polish on it?

Never_Enough

Established Member
I've done it on both the GT500 and V. Both black and both had lots of swirl fine scratches. The glass coating brings out shine but I'm told is also on their to help against the swirling and fine scratches. The GT500 was done over a year ago and still looks great. And water just runs off of it when washing.

Water just runs off my MS6 too & I haven't done a full polish & wax job on it in 3+ years. I do wash the car (rinseless washes) & use quick detailer often, though.

F8LVENOM

Established Member
Tell us why. Waxing is quite cheap & easy. I don't think I could justify paying hundreds for one of these coat jobs unless the reasons were VERY compelling
I don't believe the hype. They make it sound like all you have to do it rinse it off with water, ever-after. I tried it, and trust me, you still have to wash and wax.
There is no miracle short-cut. Just stick to what you've always been doing. Use the 2-bucket method, clean good MF towels, common sense, and your products of choice.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't believe the hype. They make it sound like all you have to do it rinse it off with water, ever-after. I tried it, and trust me, you still have to wash and wax.
There is no miracle short-cut. Just stick to what you've always been doing. Use the 2-bucket method, clean good MF towels, common sense, and your products of choice.

I haven't seen any reputable coating that claims you can just rinse the car off. Of course you have to wash it, but with a quality coating you don't have to wax.

F8LVENOM

Established Member
I haven't seen any reputable coating that claims you can just rinse the car off. Of course you have to wash it, but with a quality coating you don't have to wax.

Yeah I know I was being a little sarcastic. It's similar to another layer of clear coat, but no one can truly tell how long they really last.

M91196

Established Member

I think the coating adds a layer that will take some of the abuse from even proper washing and drying. I don't use them but for some people and some vehicles I would consider. Detailed Image has a great series of articles about all the top trends like sealants, coatings etc.and if they make sense. Check them out.
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/tag/the-case-against/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread